Questions About Moving To Ba

texasdude

Registered
HI there - I would like to tap into the collective knowledge pool with some questions regarding a 6 month move to BA I am planning. I own an apartment down there that I bought about 8 years ago and which i have been renting out but I now plan to move in there for the 6 month period. My questions are the following:

1. Do I need any specific documentation to get the electric and internet service in my apartment in my own name - previously this was in the name of the tenants and I don't have a DNI - any suggestions or thought for that?

2. Can we get a quality medical insurance for our time down there and what is this likely to cost us - we are around 50 years of age?

3. are there any restrictions in us bringing our pets down with us?

4. I will apply for an investor visa whilst we are there - i understand this takes about 60 days - any experiences with that?

5. For myself and my wife I hope we can have a reasonable lifestyle on around 2/3 k usd per month going out for a meal twice at weekend in the neighborhood, glass of wine etc - is this reasonable given we already own our apartment

Thanks for any comments.

TD

baexpats.org/topic/32213-health-plan-help/page__fromsearch__1

baexpats.org/topic/31128-cost-of-living-site/page__fromsearch__1

baexpats.org/topic/29534-immigration-for-dummies/page__fromsearch__1

baexpats.org/topic/31599-need-cellphone-and-wi-fi/page__fromsearch__1

I own an apartment down there that I bought about 8 years ago and which i have been renting out but I now plan to move in there for the 6 month period. My questions are the following:

1. Do I need any specific documentation to get the electric and internet service in my apartment in my own name - previously this was in the name of the tenants and I don't have a DNI - any suggestions or thought for that?

4. I will apply for an investor visa whilst we are there - i understand this takes about 60 days - any experiences with that?

1. If you have the escrtura in your name(s) you should be able to get the utilities in your name with your passport(s). If the passport(s) you had when you bought the apartment have expired I suggest you bring the old one(s) to show numbers that match the escritura. If you had a CDI when you bought the apartment that will have expired long ago but if you still have the certificate it might be a good idea to bring it as well. Also bring the receipts for taxes (ABL and bienes persoanles). Take photocopies of everything and expect to be asked for something you don't have.

4. Unless you are planning on making a huge investment in Argentina why would you apply for an investor visa?

I don't think you would be able to get an investor visa as a professional futbol agent, but you might be able to get one if you open a Texas style bar-b-cue joint.

If you are only planning on spending six months in Argentina why would you want any kind of resident visa?

As a temporary resident living in Argentina more than six months of the year you would be "required" to pay taxes in Argentina on your income and property in the USA, including your Ferrari and the two million dollars you have already bragged about as Musicman.

1. If you have the escrtura in your name(s) you should be able to get the utilities in your name with your passport(s). If the passport(s) you had when you bought the apartment have expired I suggest you bring the old one(s) to show numbers that match the escritura. If you had a CDI when you bought the apartment that will have expired long ago but if you still have the certificate it might be a good idea to bring it as well. Also bring the receipts for taxes (ABL and bienes persoanles). Take photocopies of everything and expect to be asked for something you don't have.

4. Unless you are planning on making a huge investment in Argentina why would you apply for an investor visa?

I don't think you would be able to get an investor visa as a professional futbol agent, but you might be able to get one if you open a Texas style bar-b-cue joint.

If you are only planning on spending six months in Argentina why would you want any kind of resident visa?

As a temporary resident living in Argentina more than six months of the year you would be "required" to pay taxes in Argentina on your income and property in the USA, including your Ferrari and the two million dollars you have already bragged about as Musicman.
Good memory, Steve!

Good memory, Steve!

Thanks, but when I read this 24 hours ago:

HI there - I would like to tap into the collective knowledge pool with some questions regarding a 6 month move to BA I am planning. I own an apartment down there that I bought about 8 years ago and which i have been renting out but I now plan to move in there for the 6 month period. My questions are the following:

5. For myself and my wife I hope we can have a reasonable lifestyle on around 2/3 k usd per month going out for a meal twice at weekend in the neighborhood, glass of wine etc - is this reasonable given we already own our apartment

It wasn't difficult to remember this (which was posted exactly one month ago):

I have some savings set by and now that I just reached 50 I was thinking about retiring soon and wanted to get some expat feedback on how much money one would need to live a comfortable retirement in Buenos Aires ?

Would my couple of million bucks be enough for myself and my wife? How are the other expat retirees experience with managing finances in retirement? How much is needed each month to live going out a weekends for a decent meal in average restaurant?

Also on December 7th in the same thread (note the lack of periods at the ends of sentences):

Your are correct that 2 million is not the same amount as it was in years gone by and one needs to be careful these days especially with longer potential life spans and increasing medical costs

That said I think I can have a very good standard of living in BA much cheaper than USA - my main luxury would most likely be a yearly trip to Europe, a horse in an equestrian club, dining out at weekends and perhaps some time in Punta del este in the summer

Is $2 Million Usd Enough To Retire With In Argentina?

Steve you're our resident expat encyclopedia!! So sharp!!

Back