Questions About My Situation

rcrt

Registered
Hi BAExpats!

So, I'm a US citizen. I've been in BA for 6 months. I went to Colonia in June to get a new tourist stamp but am now "irregular"

On June 2 I married an Argentine citizen and am trying to get DNI.

Can I get DNI still even though I'm past the 90 days of my tourist stamp and the 180 days of the year limit? I'm waiting for my FBI file to come in the mail so that's no problem but I'm just concerned that I will run into trouble if I try to get another tourist stamp. What are my options?

Thanks a lot!

You will get your DNI anyway. No need to make a run abroad. If you have to travel abroad, take proof of having initiated the DNI paperwork with you just in case.

Can I get DNI still even though I'm past the 90 days of my tourist stamp and the 180 days of the year limit? I'm waiting for my FBI file to come in the mail so that's no problem but I'm just concerned that I will run into trouble if I try to get another tourist stamp. What are my options?

Migraciones will make you pay an overstay fee as well as the fee for permanent residency. It is not necessary (or advisable) to leave the country now to get another tourist stamp.

You will automatically get your DNI after you are granted permanent residency based on your marriage.

PS: Congratulations!

Back