Questions From American Airlines Rep On Recent Us Visit?

One possible thought. If a passenger on an international flight to the USA is deemed to be inadmissible into the USA the airline who flew them to the states is financially liable for the airfare to return them to where they departed.

Maybe with another scenario, but this was leaving Argentina for the US with a US passport, asking questions about my Argentina status (what I'm doing in Argentina, my profession, etc)...none of which have anything to do with going to the US. Could have been a survey, but she nor the other attendant seemed to have been recording the information into anything. This was right before entering the jetway, after being screened for liquids at the tables beyond showing passport and boarding pass.

The least what officer should do is explain, why they need this information. Especially because there is no obvious reason to do that, which isn't the case with travelling documents.

The cool thing in Argentina is that in no way there's a possibility you'll end up in Guantanamo, so by the time the airline worker or the policia aeroportuaria ask her third question, i put on a big smile(which never fails to make the other person smile)and ask her if she is single, so the whole thing always end up in both of us just laughing it off, even when i go thru the metal detector and i start to undo my pants, they rush to nononononono no need for that lol :p

That's pretty funny. I'm not sure I'll get the same outcome as you :)

The cool thing in Argentina is that in no way there's a possibility you'll end up in Guantanamo, so by the time the airline worker or the policia aeroportuaria ask her third question, i put on a big smile(which never fails to make the other person smile)and ask her if she is single, so the whole thing always end up in both of us just laughing it off, even when i go thru the metal detector and i start to undo my pants, they rush to nononononono no need for that lol :p

Sir, you rock as always! Respect!

There was no reason for that question. As a permanent resident you have the rights of a citizen and most certainly the right to work here.

So glad the reciprocity visa is over -- for now anyway. I suspect it discouraged tourism.

One possible thought. If a passenger on an international flight to the USA is deemed to be inadmissible into the USA the airline who flew them to the states is financially liable for the airfare to return them to where they departed.

Here is the same plus fines to the company.

Maybe with another scenario, but this was leaving Argentina for the US with a US passport, asking questions about my Argentina status (what I'm doing in Argentina, my profession, etc)...none of which have anything to do with going to the US. Could have been a survey, but she nor the other attendant seemed to have been recording the information into anything. This was right before entering the jetway, after being screened for liquids at the tables beyond showing passport and boarding pass.

It happened to me leaving Jamaica for Miami and on my return flight from Miami to the Grand Caymans.

Back