Brazilian Visa Questions (American)

evankub

Registered
Hey guys,

I've been looking into traveling to Brazil a bit around the beginning of January, and since I don't have my visa just yet, I figured I'd post my question here.

Does anyone have information on exactly what forms I'll need to apply for the visa? I want to make sure I have everything I need before I head to the Brazilian Consulate. I've found conflicting information online and want to hear from people that have gone through the process lately if possible.

Also, is the visa good for multiple entries? I've heard different answers on this as well.

Any help you can offer is appreciated!

hiya while we are on the subject of brazilian visas do you really need one to head just over the border to see the brazilian side of the falls? i ve heard that you can sort of get across the border without one just for the day or just for a look ... is this possible safe ?? thx david

diego7david said:
hiya while we are on the subject of brazilian visas do you really need one to head just over the border to see the brazilian side of the falls? i ve heard that you can sort of get across the border without one just for the day or just for a look ... is this possible safe ?? thx david

When we went to Iguazu, we didn't originally plan to go to Brazil, but then changed our mind. To do this, everyone told us we needed a visa, so we did this in town before heading into Brazil. The tour guide we had knew where to get the photos, got us to the Brazilian consulate office early, and the whole process took about two hours.

I have heard of other people sneaking across, but I'm not sure I would chance it.

I went through the process 3 months ago and the VISA was only good for 90 days. These are the things that you need before you go or you will make many trips like I did. It seems a little backwards as you have to have paid for your flight and hotel then they tell you whether they will give you a VISA.

1) Current bank statement.(I just printed mine off the internet, I guess to see if you have the money to come back?)

2) Credit Card.(yeah they wanted to see it)

3) Address and telephone number of where you are going.

4) Your airline tickets(my print out was fine)

5) The photos mentioned in the previous posts.

6) Your current address and telephone number.

7) 500 Pesos to be paid at another location.

8) Your passport (and they kept mine for 5 days until the VISA was ready)

A few months ago they closed around 2:00 each day.

Hope this helps...

Can anyone else confirm whether or not you can get the multiple entry visa? I don't want to shell out the cash for a one-time visa. Do you need to ask for the multiple entry or pay extra?

We just went through the process of getting a visa at the Brazilian consulate in Buenos Aires this past week, and there's a few updates to the process:

- Their new hours for foreigners are from 9am - 1pm
- The visa process takes 2 business days. We dropped off on Monday and picked up on Wednesday from 12pm - 1pm.
- We did not have to show any bank statements although we did bring a copy.
- They will only give a 30 day visa to Americans at the Buenos Aires consulate. We're going for 60 days, so they said we will need to go to the police station in Brazil to renew for another 30 days. (The Brazilian consulate in New York had previously given me a 5 year visa.)
- The cost was about $500 pesos.
- They asked what credit card we had, but did not ask to see it.

Question for those who already went through the visa process. Do they check your passport for entry into Argentina? I am assuming they do. I have an American and Egyptian passports and a visa for an Egyptian passport would be way cheaper. However, I entered Argentina with my American passport.

Hello Guys,

Now that I have my residencia precaria, I can use it along with my pasport to travel. It is stated on the residencia precaria. Do you know if I still need the visa for Brazil if I have my argentine temporary residence?

Back