Quick Palermo Question

BAwithkids

Registered
I'm sure I could spend an hour searching and figure this out, but I'm hoping someone will humor my laziness... I get a little confused by all the different neighborhoods/areas within Palermo. If we were looking for a quieter safer area, would we be best of in Palermo Viejo, Botanico, Chico, Hollywood, something else???

Thanks!

Quieter in order:
Chico
Botanico
Palermo Viejo
Hollywood

Expensive in Order:
Chico
Palermo Viejo
Hollywood
Botanico

Yunger in order:
Hollywood
Palermo Viejo
Botanico
Palermo Chico

What about Palermo Queens? Soho? Beach? and Nuevo? LOL

palermo chico is in effect a gated community. might as well be in the suburbs.

PhilipDT said:
As long as you're not on liberatador

Or Figueroa Alcorta. Or Salguero. ;)

But yeah, Palermo Chico is quieter, safer and cleaner ....

BAwithkids said:
I'm sure I could spend an hour searching and figure this out, but I'm hoping someone will humor my laziness... I get a little confused by all the different neighborhoods/areas within Palermo. If we were looking for a quieter safer area, would we be best of in Palermo Viejo, Botanico, Chico, Hollywood, something else???

Thanks!

The first time I came to BA, I rented an apartment on Guise between Charcas and Guemes. It was the best of both worlds -- 2 blocks from Alto Palermo mall and surrounded by amenities, but the little street itself was quiet, especially at night. I think it'd be a terrific place to live if you have kids; I seemed to have a lot of young families as neighbors, and there was a school across the street. Unfortunately, I never know what that neighborhood is called... it's not quite Barrio Norte and not quite Palermo Viejo. I can tell you that nearby Plaza Guemes, a few blocks away, is also known as Villa Freud, because that area is Shrink Central ;)

We have an apartment in Palermo Viego, near Plaza Guemes, lovely tree lined cobbled stoned streets. Quiet, we love it. Nancy

starlucia said:
The first time I came to BA, I rented an apartment on Guise between Charcas and Guemes. It was the best of both worlds -- 2 blocks from Alto Palermo mall and surrounded by amenities, but the little street itself was quiet, especially at night. I think it'd be a terrific place to live if you have kids; I seemed to have a lot of young families as neighbors, and there was a school across the street. Unfortunately, I never know what that neighborhood is called... it's not quite Barrio Norte and not quite Palermo Viejo. I can tell you that nearby Plaza Guemes, a few blocks away, is also known as Villa Freud, because that area is Shrink Central ;)

That is a lovely area and is called Alto Palermo, IIRC.

Back