Random, Unwanted Text Messages

bartlett

Registered
Does anyone know how to unsubscribe from "spam" text messages on Moviestar cell phone plans? I receive 2-3 a day from numbers such as "262" and "833" which advertise anything from cancer awareness to promoting the Peronista movement to playing the lottery because "today is your lucky day".
I never signed up for any of these.

when you receive one reply with "paro" i did and it worked,let me know what happens

Those texts are from Movistar....they are annoying but I don't think there is any way to unsubscribe.

I have been getting messages from #2112 for about a year. I have Claro service so I contacted them. Finally they stopped charging me whether I open them or not. They said that they could not stop these lame messages. They said that it was a individual company sending them. Someone is making a lot of money!

I've opted out of those on Personal, and I also did on Movistar, not sure about Claro. You just need to call them and request to stop receiving promotional messages, they will do it for you.
You only opt out of the one sent by the company itself, the rest you continue to receive and have to unsubscribe by yourself.

go to movistar's facebook page (or twitter) and ask the representative to unsubscribe your number. They do it right away, and then send you a confirmation message....the last message they will ever send you.

Yeah I especially enjoy the ones that set off my phone at 2AM and 3AM in the morning while I am sleeping.. and I get up to read them because I think it must be either A. an emergency or B. a gato looking for attention.

Back