Rant:people Playing Music Loud Without Headphones On Trains.

I disagree with the rest of your comments, but I thought exactly this when I read the post:
if you think cumbia on the bus is worthy of a post your life must be going great.

This place has made my tolerance threshold for annoyances such as that quite high. Got overcharged by ten pesos? Don't sweat the small stuff! Aggressive sexual harrassment on the street? Don't sweat the small stuff! Worker from Metrogas tries to bribe me? Rolls off back in two seconds! Fresh turds outside my door every morning because the neighbor lets her dog go in the hall instead of taking it for a walk like a human? Don't sweat it! Worker shows up too tipsy to work safely, delaying your project? Don't make a mountain out of a molehill!

An MP3 player and headphones has improved my life here tremendously!

At the risk of being called a racist... at least they weren't blasting reggaeton.

Some drivers on our street play it so loud and with so much bass that the windows of our house rattle as they drive by. It's like a boliche on wheels. Ghetto.

Lol, you're in for it. (in this world of madness and silly accusations)

And OMG, yeah that stuff is worse (just in case you didn't think it was possible)

I disagree with the rest of your comments, but I thought exactly this when I read the post:

This place has made my tolerance threshold for annoyances such as that quite high. Got overcharged by ten pesos? Don't sweat the small stuff! Aggressive sexual harrassment on the street? Don't sweat the small stuff! Worker from Metrogas tries to bribe me? Rolls off back in two seconds! Fresh turds outside my door every morning because the neighbor lets her dog go in the hall instead of taking it for a walk like a human? Don't sweat it! Worker shows up too tipsy to work safely, delaying your project? Don't make a mountain out of a molehill!

An MP3 player and headphones has improved my life here tremendously!

My my, you have adapted to this place far better than I have! I aspire to have a list like yours one day. ;) ;) ;)

This is a rather subjective and arrogant statement. (I almost said racist...)

No doubt it is subjetive.
Regarding arrogant and almost racist, please allow me to do a thorough investiigation and find out who brought those to a dialogue that could otherwise have evolved simply around subhumans musical tastes and public transportation etiquette.

Will get back to you.

There's a bloke across the street who's set himself up as a self proclaimed neighbourhood watch.
He tried to extort a monthly fee from us just for being the noisiest f***er in the area to which he received the proverbial anglo saxon.
Recently some neighbours, who seem to adore him gave him a TV which he would play at full blast until I told him to turn it down.
With some people you have to be direct.
End of rant.

I find it amusing when those peeps with headphones get snuck up on and mugged ! ( pay attention to your surroundings.)

As for saying please , their Mama's did not teach them what that means.....

We have a noisy neighbor too, which is fine , the fact he is a pedophile is what annoys me.

Ok, this is a rant so I'll join in. Cumbia and RAP share something culturally [other than low IQ delivery]. Apparently people that listen to this noise want to share it. And share it at volumes that are massively intrusive. Here in BA it sucks but you can ask them to lower the noise. In the states it's window ratteling , chest pounding , ear splitting car audio laced with huge doses of profanity strung together in really low IQ verses and it is intrusive as all hell. I have not seen the later here yet and I hope that I don't.

And why is it always horrible Cumbia? I don't think I've ever heard a Rolling Stones song or tango tube.

There seems to be a certain pattern with those guys: Dumb face exp<b></b>ression, crappy phone, low IQ and of course Cumbia.

Did it ever occur to any of you that you are in a third world country? If you want Switzerland, go to Switzerland....

Back