Rant

...and found most Italian dishes made in the USA to be disappointing when compared to the real Italian thing...

My boyfriend wants to convince me to cook him his Argentinian mother's version of fettuccine Alfredo, a dish that doesn't even exist in Italy, except in one restaurant (Alfredo's). And in my MIL's kitchen.

Can I add that the Argientinian MIL did even manage to ruin Fettuccine Alfredo by turning them into Spaghetti Alfredo?!

Non c'è limite al peggio! ([background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]When it rains, it pours.)[/background]

Pizza is not that hard.

Then why don't you make it yourself at home by shopping for all the ingredients you like and making the crust thick or thin as you like it. All you need is a pizza pan and a match to light your oven. Then if it turns out to be the best pizza in Buenos Aires, you can bring samples to one of the coffee chats and get everyone's reviews before opening Splatter's Pizza.

Then why don't you make it yourself at home by shopping for all the ingredients you like and making the crust thick or thin as you like it. All you need is a pizza pan and a match to light your oven. Then if it turns out to be the best pizza in Buenos Aires, you can bring samples to one of the coffee chats and get everyone's reviews before opening Splatter's Pizza.

I've been trying to find a decent flour to make a decent pizza. Please share your brand so that I can finally break the "flour code" to get my pizza how I like it!
Flours here are too poor in proteins and that's not good to get the crispy crust-spongy inside in the border, plus it makes the dough so frail, it breaks before I can stretch it to the correct thinness.

For tomato sauce, I have been using Inca (I remove some water with a strain to use more pulp) and Jumbo, but I prefer Inca.
For mozzarella, I tried the "polpetta" they have here but it is not as good as Italian mozzarella, and it is expensive, so I just use the Argentinian mozzarella.

I don't like most of the pizza but have found a few good ones that are to my liking. Parténope in La Lucila (av Libertador) is truly Italian style; the place is run by Italians from Naples. I particularly love the tri colore (rucula and sun dried tomatoes) and the del salumiere (jamon with caramelized onions- once they swapped out the jamon with bleu cheese and it was spectacular!) and then the cheap and cheerful place around the corner from my home in Nuñez, Marcelona Pizza (on Cabildo and Ramallo). If you are up this way, both are definitely worth a try!!

Here we go......................................

Some of the finest Pizza I've ever eaten has been right here, in Buenos Aires.
La Cibeles, Acasusso is a great pizza restaurant.
I would add that the first pizza I ate here was back in 1974 at Esmeraldas, Libertador, Martinez.

Back