Rantings And Ravings.

nlaruccia

Registered
We complain a lot on this forum about all the expats' ranting and raving, but Argies have their fair share too. During a public holiday a few weeks ago my gym was open regardless of the holiday with limited classes. As always, you must show up early and sign up for spinning class the same day as the class, when it's a holiday. You can't sign up the day before and as our names were being called a women began to practically foam at the mouth because she though it was a "show up early" and get in the class. She kept grabbing me and ranting and raving and I would just ignore her. They let her in the class as she was almost in tears, but it didn't stop there. During the entire class she kept waving her hands and talking about this situation. I thought: "It's a spinning class, not life or death. Calm the F*** down." She seriously disrupted everyone's day off to relax and enjoy the holiday. Then today I stopped at the panaderia and asked for some wheat rolls and the owner showed me the last bag of rolls and starting bitching about how a customer called and specifically asked for a bag to be reserved for her, and never showed up. The owner related the whole story to me. "Okay, thanks", I told her. TMI. She kept going on and on about it and I just wanted to pay for my purchase and leave. She made a point of showing me the woman's telephone number that she had written on the bag. I finally told her that I don't need to be involved in other people's business, but she didn't get the hint. She explained that she didn't want me to get involved, that she just wanted to inform me. "Don't inform me it's not necessary", I replied. "Solo queria comentarselo" she said. But she kept going on and on. I finally lost it and told her "No me lo comentas, por favor. No me interesa". Why does everyone have to rant and rave to strangers? So here I am ranting and raving on the forum. LOL.

I finally told her that I don't need to be involved in other people's business, but she didn't get the hint. She explained that she didn't want me to get involved, that she just wanted to inform me. Don't inform me it's not necessary, I replied. "Solo queria comentarselo" she said. But she kept going on and on. I finally lost it and told her "No me lo comentas, por favor. No me interesa". Why does everyone have to rant and rave to strangers?

Stop denying yourself what your heart so obviously desires.
seattle_kerry_park.png

Sometimes people just need to vent. Its only human. But as you illustrated, there is a time and place for everything. Thanks for venting. I hope it was cathartic for you.

Stop denying yourself what your heart so obviously desires.
seattle_kerry_park.png

That's so classic! I love it. I have to admit I enjoyed spending Christmas in Seattle a few years ago. It doesn't very cold. Plus Mt. St. Helen is gorgeous.

You're right, it is
Mt. Reiner. Anyway, both mountains are gorgeous and Portland also has a beautiful skyline, but I still prefer crackers and toast with jelly than dry, salt less bland ones.

Double post. Sorry. Now I'g going to rant and rave about double posts from my iPhone.

This happens to me on the bus all the time. Some lady will get into a fight with the driver or something then she'll turn to me and start trying to pull me in on her side - and then they'll yell, "this guy agrees with me" (pointing at me). WTF?

It doesn't matter where I go. If I'm in a line anywhere (supermarket, hospital, bank, etc) there's always some woman there who starts ranting and raving to me about her personal business as if I cared. I wonder why. Is it because they're egocentric? It's funny too because when I ignore them and refuse to respond, or even start playing with my cell phone, they don't even notice that I'm not listening just keep rambling on.

I think ranting to strangers is driven by 2 things.
1) a general disconnectedness, we don't readily have people around us that we can rant to when the need arises.
2) we know at some level the rant is out of line so its a lot better to rant at some stranger we will never see again that risk a friendship by ranting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Food and Drink 3
Back