Re-entering as a tourist after Temporary Residence

Bajo,

What is the benefit of having Citizenship there vs. just permanent resident? I can't think of any benefits besides being able to get an Argentine passport. Are there? Thanks in advance.
You are protected against the apartheid that MM developed.

Could I start el jucio por la carta de ciudadania without having all the documents amassed first (so basically just with the DNI and passport, and certificado de domicilio...) and bring whatever is missing later? Is there any advantage at all in doing it that way, would it reduce the waiting for a resolution after all has been submitted?
I need to get a copy of my birth certificate (from my home country) and get it legalized which would take me some time...Additionally, my "honest income" is foreign based, my employer is not in Argentina; what sort of proof might the court accept in this case, as generally they ask for argentine wage receipts or bank extracts. Would a letter from my US employer be enough?

Could I start el jucio por la carta de ciudadania without having all the documents amassed first (so basically just with the DNI and passport, and certificado de domicilio...) and bring whatever is missing later? Is there any advantage at all in doing it that way, would it reduce the waiting for a resolution after all has been submitted?

I suggest you go to the court and get a list of the requirements and ask this question there.

Additionally, my "honest income" is foreign based, my employer is not in Argentina; what sort of proof might the court accept in this case, as generally they ask for argentine wage receipts or bank extracts. Would a letter from my US employer be enough?

Based on my own experience, you will need a licensed Argentine accountant to write a declaration¨which provides the details of your income, based on as much proof as you can provide. The proof can include pay stubs, banks statements, transfer details, etc.

PS. The accountant must have the declaration legalized.

I suggest you go to the court and get a list of the requirements and ask this question there.

Based on my own experience, you will need a licensed Argentine accountant to write a declaration¨which provides the details of your income, based on as much proof as you can provide. The proof can include pay stubs, banks statements, transfer details, etc.

PS. The accountant must have the declaration legalized.

thanks I will look into it as well.

Hi everyone. I am going to try to renew my residencia temporaria but have a few questions.
1. Can I apply for the prorroga more than 60 days before it expires? 2. Will I get a cita within those 60 days? What happens if I do NOT get the precaria before the 60 days have passed and I have to leave because my residence is running out? I have read it takes as much as 90 days. My residence expires in Dec. 3. Do I need to resubmit antecedentes from my home country for the prorroga (like I did the first time)?

Hi everyone. I am going to try to renew my residencia temporaria but have a few questions.
1. Can I apply for the prorroga more than 60 days before it expires? 2. Will I get a cita within those 60 days? What happens if I do NOT get the precaria before the 60 days have passed and I have to leave because my residence is running out? I have read it takes as much as 90 days. My residence expires in Dec. 3. Do I need to resubmit antecedentes from my home country for the prorroga (like I did the first time)?
1) As far as I know, Radex will allow you to apply only 60 days before it expires.
2) It took us 5 weeks to get a cita. We were applying for a change of category to permanent residency. I don't know if the time table is different for different situations.

SteveinBsAs says that you automatically get an additional 90 days on your visa (residency) once you submit your application.

I was told in Migraciones to upload a blank piece of paper where they ask you for antecedentes because you don't need to resubmit them. You do need a new certificado de domicilio, even though that was not something we were never asked for after our first application until Radex.

1) As far as I know, Radex will allow you to apply only 60 days before it expires.
2) It took us 5 weeks to get a cita. We were applying for a change of category to permanent residency. I don't know if the time table is different for different situations.

SteveinBsAs says that you automatically get an additional 90 days on your visa (residency) once you submit your application.

I was told in Migraciones to upload a blank piece of paper where they ask you for antecedentes because you don't need to resubmit them. You do need a new certificado de domicilio, even though that was not something we were never asked for after our first application until Radex.

Thanks Stan! That's a useful datapoint. May I ask when you requested the cita, was it relatively recently that is?
The other thing is, I will be traveling for work to the US for a week in early November, not sure if leaving Argentina for a week while I have a submitted/pending petition would have any imprecations. I think I heard the process is frozen until you return?

Of course, ultimately I could just pay the 10,000 pesos for an expedited turno but I'd rather not unless I absolutely have to :p

Last edited:
Thanks Steve! That's a useful datapoint. May I ask when you requested the cita, was it relatively recently that is?
The other thing is, I will be traveling for work to the US for a week in early November, not sure if leaving Argentina for a week while I have a submitted/pending petition would have any imprecations. I think I heard the process is frozen until you return?

Of course, ultimately I could just pay the 10,000 pesos for an expedited turno but I'd rather not unless I absolutely have to :p
We submitted our application in mid June. We were told that leaving would not affect our application, but that may have meant once we already had our cita and a precaria, it wouldn't affect our application. Not sure what to tell you about that. You can always go and ask in Building 6, sector C. At the front door to the entire Migraciones complex, tell them you are going to Informes, or they may not let you in without an appt.

Back