Re: These prices are killing me - 2

Johny I understand your point but the way I deal with such things is to be as positive as I can. I work with people to change. I find calling people names or getting in their face often times does not result in change for the better but a knee jerk response in the opposite direction. I believe in free speech as much as anyone but sometimes its not what is said its how its said.
Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you!

PK,

No offense but you don't seem to know Argentines very well... What my fellow countrymen need is discipline not sympathy. I admire your positive attitude but thinking it will take you far in this country is a little naive in my opinion. Your approach may be effective in societies with a strong sense of community and social responsibility. However, Argentina is a completely different world. To accomplish things here you have to be assertive. Politeness is often taken as a sign of weakness. Keep in mind that Argentines tend to be extremely arrogant and self-indulgent. This means that if you're not harsh on people, they won't listen to you. Sad but true.

Johnny your views on Argentine society are quire correct and I like many when I first moved here had a rose coloured view of Buenos Aires. Now nearly 2 years on experience has helped me understand the character of the inhabitants.
Politeness is definetlty seen as a sign of weakness here and a assertive forceful attitude is needed to accomplish any form of business in Buenos Aires. Basic principles that I learnt in business overseas do not seem to apply here and you definetly need to read between the lines when making business decisions.

los precios en los supermercados aumentaron durante el primer semestre 10,5 por ciento
Clarin.com
40% year-to-year.
Nice job K.

semestre= 6 meses so in any case it would be 21 % per year.
You dont understand how Argentina works. You just don't. The problem is just a bit more complex and there is no easy one, two step solution. Your posts are pointless.
And instead of critizing, I want to hear your solution for Argentina.

There is no sollution, Argentina will always be a country of a few rich people and many ignorant and poor people.
Too bad that you belong to the latter

"Granadaiscool" said:
There is no sollution, Argentina will always be a country of a few rich people and many ignorant and poor people.
Judging by the way in which you murder the English language in every single one of your posts, it is obvious to me that you belong in the "ignorant" category.

"Granadaiscool" said:
Maybe you can search for the sollution on wikipedia or google. On the other hand, if there is no sollution what is the purpose in critizing?
Difference is that both you and I live in Argentina and, not the Netherlands. Since when does poverty equate to ignorance. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with being poor.
Good luck tonight at the Rosedal, hope you make enough pesos.

Tatan

This thread = A lot of people writing a lot of words and just making themselves look bad and dumb.Just give it a rest already, none of you have any idea what you're talking about. My advice to you lot is read, listen and learn but leave the talking to others for now. Reading such stupidity just annoys people.

Back