Re: These prices are killing me - 2

Its now jan. 08. and im flying through money at the supermarket. hardly ever eating out. i just fly through money. i was in the usa in oct. and im spending more on food here and the selection and quality was better back in usa.
Tropicana Premium, one of the few juices not loaded with chemicals and sweetners, is now 4.50 a liter. that makes it almost 5 dollars a gallon. bought one last night, squeezed from rotten fruit. made me sick. it happens often.
these prices are killing me.

"JG" said:
Its now jan. 08. and im flying through money at the supermarket. hardly ever eating out. i just fly through money. i was in the usa in oct. and im spending more on food here and the selection and quality was better back in usa.
Tropicana Premium, one of the few juices not loaded with chemicals and sweetners, is now 4.50 a liter. that makes it almost 5 dollars a gallon. bought one last night, squeezed from rotten fruit. made me sick. it happens often.
these prices are killing me.
If you bought juice and you can prove it was made out of rotten fruit you should report that to the Anmat, Bromatologia and call the company as well

if things were that straightforward in argentina, it wouldnt be the mess it is. this is a very third world country, believe me. a cop will stand there and watch a car almost kill you in the crosswalk and do absolutelly nothing. cars have no headlights, nothing is done.
no reporting things make little change. customer service is appalling. we drink rotten juice and the prices are rising. certainly im not the only one drinking lousy juice here. oh and how i pine for apple juice, juice blends with kiwi and strawberry and pineapple juice, apple cider. all things i can buy easily and cheaper back home.

"JG" said:
we drink rotten juice and the prices are rising. certainly im not the only one drinking lousy juice here. oh and how i pine for apple juice, juice blends with kiwi and strawberry and pineapple juice, apple cider. all things i can buy easily and cheaper back home.

Tropicana is a PepsiCo subsidiary. The fact that they're selling you juice made from bad oranges seems to me to be typical American corporate practice -- when they can get away with it. So why blame Argentina and Argentinians instead of the corporate bandits from your own country?

dear ms. or mr. fishface,
the fact is though, that the juice in argentina is lousy and getting more expensive each day.
so much better in other countries, lousy juice in argentina. beware. its coke, and soda pop here and beef fat cookies with artificial flavor.

Has anyone shopped at the Walmart in BsAs? What are the prices like there?

well, I just got to Istanbul Turkey....quite a trip to get here starting at one of the busiest days at BsAs airport.... my taxi from the Airport (20 minutes) to my house here was 32$ (US$ form here on when i write $))... a pack of smokes 5$...3 liters of milk 6$, 1 liter of cherry juice 3$, my gas bill for the month (heating of 90m2 apartment, tenant was here for 10 days) 130$, 1 kilo of apples 8$, 2 sponges to clean up my pad 4$, electric bill for 10 days 40$, etc etc etc.....I am going out to meet some friend now at a local bar.... Vodka/orange 20$, margarita 25$, cigs 10$...... Might I add that the minimum wage is 300$ per month.... the average income is 600$ per month....1200$ for college educated professionals.... rents for 100m2 2 bedroom in a sh#t neighborhood.... 1000$ before 400$ in bills.... in TURKEY....It's population is 70 mil...Argentina 40 mil...its exports nearly identical in profit, so relax and enjoy how good you have it already!!!! OK?

Back