Real Estate and the dollar

citygirl said:
And sometimes, for various reasons, those type of operations aren't available to individuals or companies.

Actually, I think they are available to anyone with dollars that the government doesn't know about. That's why they exist.;)

citygirl said:
(BTW - Argentina isn't unique in this. Try getting money out of China sometime:eek:)

Damnit! I was just about to buy a ranch in China, but only if I could sell it someday and send the money back to the US.:mad:

(I like houses surrounded by walls and I've heard the Chinese are really good at building walls.)

I guess I'll have to stay in Argentina.:)

If only one other expat would like to have the kind of life that I have here, I suggest they check out this link:

http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/reo/2688167128.html

People is going to hold the US dollars and think carefully about real estate investments. If dollars are limited to get, holding them is a good investment, no need to wait for a return or mess around with properties. I had Argentine friends visiting US, after the restrictions they stop using their cash dollars and begun charging the credit cards/debit cards from their ARG bank with deposits in pesos.

Jvanka said:
People is going to hold the US dollars and think carefully about real estate investments. If dollars are limited to get, holding them is a good investment, no need to wait for a return or mess around with properties. I had Argentine friends visiting US, after the restrictions they stop using their cash dollars and begun charging the credit cards/debit cards from their ARG bank with deposits in pesos.

I think that was a wise decision. Do you know if they were able to take out dollars in the US from a US atm with peso account card?
Thanks-S

Back