Really hard to make friends

I hope I'll be able to make it on Sunday. We have a friend coming into town tomorrow, so I have to wait to see if he's into it.

rihornos said:
We are going to meet for a coffee next Sunday at 3pm at Lembas on Entre Rios and Estados Unidos if anybody want to meet us we will be there!!!
Reina

If there is room for another I'll join you.

I also live in Monserrat.....I though I was the only person living in this barrio!
I went to one of your lunches Steve and also met up with some of 'the drinkers' in Gibraltar a few times.
Nice to see some people making an effort to get some socials going again - unfortunately coinciding with me trying to get out of the area!

DavieW said:
I also live in Monserrat.....I though I was the only person living in this barrio!
I went to one of your lunches Steve and also met up with some of 'the drinkers' in Gibraltar a few times. Unfortunately, when this forum started getting nasty a couple of years ago a lot of the more interesting and pro-active people who often organized things just stopped posting. :-(

Nice to see some people making an effort to get some socials going again - unfortunately coinciding with me trying to get out of the area!
Hi DavieW! Thanks for remembering the great ambiance of the lunches. I don't think the forum has turned nasty as much as life in BA has become more problematic and individuals express themselves here. I'm also curious, are you just trying to get out of Monserrat or do you want to leave the country?

steveinbsas said:
Hi DavieW! Thanks for remembering the great ambiance of the lunches. I don't think the forum has turned nasty as much as life in BA has become more problematic and individuals express themselves here. I'm also curious, are you just trying to get out of Monserrat or do you want to leave the country?
Oh, I've got no idea what the onda is on this forum is at the moment as I haven't been on it for 18mths.

This is EXACTLY the place for ex-pats to come on and express themselves about the difficulties of living here.

I'm just trying to get out of Monserrat - unfortunately I can't leave Argentina for personal reasons (which, dependng on how good your memory is, may give you a clue as to what my previous identity was!). Looking in Las Cañitas at the moment, having only just discovered it and being blown away by how civilized it is - ate in a cafe there and people chew their food with their mouths closed! I thought I was dreaming.

;-)

I might be a bit late..for how long are you guys going to stay in the cafe?

Back