Reasons For Argentine Xeneophilia.

Noesdeayer

Registered
Many new comers to Argentine either tourists or residents are sometimes surprised by the extent of admiration and choice for things foerign of a certain sector of the population especially in Buenos Aires.One reason for this is that a considerably large portion of the immigration from Italy and Spain in the latter part of the 19th century was what was known in Argentina as "inmigracion golondrina" -"swallow immigration".
These immigrants would work for a while and then return to Europe never really putting down roots and ,usually manifesting great nostalgia and pride for their home country,in many instances Italy. a lot of the immigration after the WW2 was quite similiar..These attitudes were passed on to their children and grandchildren .In the 1950s there was a native Argentine reaction to this attitude with the FORJA movement with Arturo Ugateche whose slogan was," Ni cipapayos,ni tinglados"--Neither lackeys,nor slum dwellers".

I think it's quaint and rather charming.
On the other hand, being a Brit, we've always had a bit of an attitude towards Johnny foreigner, especially the French.

I can t find a good definition of either lackey or cipayo (or cipayado)

Ugarteche sounds awfully Basque.
One gotta admire the helmet-skulled determination.
Those neanderthals could bexome hardcore Nativists in Mongolia or Namibia with the same ease.

A good reason why so many Argies are xenophiliacs might be because the River Plate and Chile has got more Basques than the Basque country.

You gotta balance that sxit somehow or you could end up with something like Tennesee!

A good reason why so many Argies are xenophiliacs might be because the River Plate and Chile has got more Basques than the Basque country.

Or maybe because they want to feel European so badly, that they'd pull any string.

I can t find a good definition of either lackey or cipayo (or cipayado)

Ugarteche sounds awfully Basque.
One gotta admire the helmet-skulled determination.
Those neanderthals could bexome hardcore Nativists in Mongolia or Namibia with the same ease.

You gotta balance that sxit somehow or you could end up with something like Tennesee!

Cipayo here means, as I hear, to be a mercenary sold out to the Foreign superpowers interests -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sipahi

Rich One's definition of "cipayo" is the one used by the FORJA .Up until 8 years ago there was a sort of a Ugarteche headquarters in San Telmo.The "descamisados"--"shirtless ones" grouping has more or less replaced it.Their latest posters show : The Argentine flag = Scioli then underneath The U.S. Flag = Macri who is now a ""cipayo" or lackey of the Great $atan ..Interestingly enough,the "Descamisados" group is headed by Abel Medina who was accused by Lilita to his face in Congress of being "duro de la droga".--"stiff from drug use".Hmm.Things are heating up.

Back