Recent experience with Aerobox?

@Rob S Steve is correct; you can use them for dispatches made via Correo Argentino, but NOT via courrier, since people with DNIs (or passports) can use the Puerta a Puerta scheme which these shipments would fall under.

I really don't recommend Correo Argentino given their sticky fingers, and even when they aren't stealing, it takes about 45 days from arrival in the country.

You can get a CDI without residency, but I'm not sure if the procedure is worth the bureaucracy to you.

Screenshot is from Tiendamia

View attachment 8751
Thanks Quilombo. I'll just go down to Distrito Arcos to Montagne or Cristóbal Colón. I save enough money by being here to pay a higher price. Sometimes we win and sometimes not. Regards.

Only if you are a size M:

If you are flexible on the model: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...cking_id=f69d569d-1ed0-4f06-b675-10e2a7edfe89

Only if you are a size M:

If you are flexible on the model: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...cking_id=f69d569d-1ed0-4f06-b675-10e2a7edfe89
Thanks for the information. I appreciate you going to the trouble of looking that up. Very nice of you. And it's a good suggestion. I've always had good luck with Columbia in challenging conditions in the Rockies, so I stick with the brand. I don't need to impress anyone with a style or brand name. I just need to stay warm for four months a year. Thanks again.

I need some help with Aerobox. I've identified some sneakers I can purchase directly from New Balance, and sent here to Argentina using Aerobox. But how is the payment handled? New Balance is asking me how I want to pay, but I'm sure Aerobox would like to make some money as well. Any help is much appreciated! My old New Balance shoes are ready to give up the ghost!

I need some help with Aerobox. I've identified some sneakers I can purchase directly from New Balance, and sent here to Argentina using Aerobox. But how is the payment handled? New Balance is asking me how I want to pay, but I'm sure Aerobox would like to make some money as well. Any help is much appreciated! My old New Balance shoes are ready to give up the ghost!
You pay new balance directly as if you were living in the US and getting it sent to your home. First you need to register on Aerobox and they will give you and address (in Miami) to put as the shipping address. Once New Balance ships the order and sends you a tracking number, then you need to do a “pre-aviso”. Basically you go to the aerobox website and there is a section where you let them know to expect a package and provide the tracking number. From there you need to check their website daily and once it has arrived at the aerobox office in Miami, you have to click the button asking them to send it to Argentina (if you don’t do this it will just sit it Miami) or you can set it up to autosend as soon as the package is received. If you are just receiving one package you can turn on the autosend and as soon as they receive it they will send it to Argentina. If you are going to receive multiple packages you wait until they all arrive at aerobox Miami and then authorize them to send to Argentina so it all arrives together. At some point in this process they will also ask you for your CUIT and clave fiscal (you can get this on the AFIP website/app). From there you need to check daily on aerobox website and you will see the status update. Eventually, once it arrives to aduanas in Argentina, they will upload a factura “bill” which includes the shipping cost and the tax aduanas charges. You transfer the money to the aerobox account (pesos in Argentina) and upload the comprobante. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure they send you an email confirming they have received the money transfer. After you pay and they get the package out of customs, they will send you a message saying it’s ready for pickup. But if they haven’t confirmed receipt of the payment then they won’t let you pick it up. I paid and 1 day later got the mail that it was ready and so I went but they didn’t want to let me pick it up because they hadn’t confirmed receipt of the money. I had to go “modo argentino” and make up a story about how I had to drive 3 hours to get there and they sent me an email saying it was ready for pickup and how frustrating that was (basically armar quilombo). The girl then went in the back and talked to some guy and he manually confirmed receipt of the money and they let me have the package, but I think I got lucky. I hope this isn’t too confusing! Please let me know if I can clarify any part.

You pay new balance directly as if you were living in the US and getting it sent to your home. First you need to register on Aerobox and they will give you and address (in Miami) to put as the shipping address. Once New Balance ships the order and sends you a tracking number, then you need to do a “pre-aviso”. Basically you go to the aerobox website and there is a section where you let them know to expect a package and provide the tracking number. From there you need to check their website daily and once it has arrived at the aerobox office in Miami, you have to click the button asking them to send it to Argentina (if you don’t do this it will just sit it Miami) or you can set it up to autosend as soon as the package is received. If you are just receiving one package you can turn on the autosend and as soon as they receive it they will send it to Argentina. If you are going to receive multiple packages you wait until they all arrive at aerobox Miami and then authorize them to send to Argentina so it all arrives together. At some point in this process they will also ask you for your CUIT and clave fiscal (you can get this on the AFIP website/app). From there you need to check daily on aerobox website and you will see the status update. Eventually, once it arrives to aduanas in Argentina, they will upload a factura “bill” which includes the shipping cost and the tax aduanas charges. You transfer the money to the aerobox account (pesos in Argentina) and upload the comprobante. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure they send you an email confirming they have received the money transfer. After you pay and they get the package out of customs, they will send you a message saying it’s ready for pickup. But if they haven’t confirmed receipt of the payment then they won’t let you pick it up. I paid and 1 day later got the mail that it was ready and so I went but they didn’t want to let me pick it up because they hadn’t confirmed receipt of the money. I had to go “modo argentino” and make up a story about how I had to drive 3 hours to get there and they sent me an email saying it was ready for pickup and how frustrating that was (basically armar quilombo). The girl then went in the back and talked to some guy and he manually confirmed receipt of the money and they let me have the package, but I think I got lucky. I hope this isn’t too confusing! Please let me know if I can clarify any part.
Thanks for that! Its much more complicated than I anticipated! I'll dive in and see what I can accomplish. Thanks again!

Back