recent transplant from EEUU

ans1311

Registered
Hola...I recently relocated to B.A. at the end of May (a midwesterner by birth but most recently from the east coast). Although I am enjoying my 'new home,' at times I am craving the 'comforts' of my home country (EEUU)...specifically, hanging out and talking with fellow 'English-speakers' about sports (me encanta - baseball, hockey, both futbol and American football, the NBA finals, etc.), politics, music/live shows (like - Butch Walker - you may be familiar with this singer), movies, food, chilling out at a lounge, etc. All of my friends here are either from Germany, Asia (Japan & Korea), or native portenos/as...and don't get me wrong...they are all fabulous in their own right, but it's not the same as connecting with someone from your native home country. Entonces, if you are interested in 'hanging out' and watching the world cup or just grabbing a coffee and talking in English...hit me up. ~Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the crazy world of BA Expats. Depending on your age profile, or to be more accurate, your desired friends age profile, there is a vibrant "native english speaking" community here in BsAs. If you search around the threads at the moment, there are a lot of meet ups for the World Cup, and you will be made welcome at any or all of them.

I am up in Rosario this weekend, back in BsAs on Tuesday, and will be heading out to watch the football, so if you want to meet up, just PM me. (By the way, I am Irish, 50 going on 25, love baseball, a Padres fan, and a huge Football fan - That is REAL FOOTBALL, not the stuff played with your hands in the US!!!! ;) )....

Think I will head to Sugar on Wednesday.... Have to be on best behaviour as I have a class on wednesday night. Alex, if you would like to join us, I'm sure you will enjoy the craic.......

Thanks for the heads up...sounds like fun...shoot me the details...day, time, and location...thanks for looking out! Cheers, Alex

Back