Reciprocal visa fees

allegra

Registered
6 Oct 2008....Pagina 12/front page

Página/12

"Cobrarán tasas de ingreso al país a pasajeros que provienen de Estados que exigen ese mismo trámite a viajeros argentinos, como Estados Unidos, Canadá y Australia.....

Migraciones cobrará a cada persona de cualquiera de esas nacionalidades que ingrese al país una suma equivalente a la que se les cobra a los argentinos para obtener el visado en sentido inverso. En el caso de Estados Unidos es actualmente de 131 dólares."

In a nutshell, Argentina will begin to charge an entry fee to passengers from countries which require the same, such as the USA, Canada and Australia....USA charges $131.00.

This information is accurate, the decree havent been signed yet but it will be ready on Friday it seems. The trips to Colonia will become USD 130 more expensive now for those coming from countires requesting tourist visas to argentines. They are tightening things up. Cheers.

That blows. Any idea if this will be for the lifetime of the passport, like Chile does?

Any idea when this will take effect? How long do laws like this take to enforce?

Attorney said:
This information is accurate, the decree havent been signed yet but it will be ready on Friday it seems. The trips to Colonia will become USD 130 more expensive now for those coming from countires requesting tourist visas to argentines. They are tightening things up. Cheers.

is US$130 for single entry or limited multiple or ?

they should just do a 2 year 'working holiday' visa for US $1500 like they do with NZ and AUS.

Yes - I"m a little confused. The US charges that for a visa, which entitles you to multiple trips over the lifetime of the visa.

Here - if you're here as a tourist, you don't have a "visa" if you're from the US. So are they saying $130 per trip, every trip?

With the working visa, would it be the once a year fee?

Anyone have more details?

I think that this is only fair as my wife had to pay for a Visa to visit me in the USA. But her Visa is good for 10 years. Any idea if this fee will be like that or it will have to be paid each time that you enter the country?

JHB1216 said:
I think that this is only fair as my wife had to pay for a Visa to visit me in the USA.

Ye that is the same stupid comment I hear from Brazilians about the expensive and time consuming process to get a tourist visa for North American tourists. What they (Brazil and Chile that also charges for visa) don't get is that millions of tourist skip those countries on there South American vacations for that reason.

DA said:
Ye that is the same stupid comment I hear from Brazilians about the expensive and time consuming process to get a tourist visa for North American tourists. What they (Brazil and Chile that also charges for visa) don't get is that millions of tourist skip those countries on there South American vacations for that reason.

Well if it keeps you out of the country than it is the price that I am willing to pay. :)

Back