Reciprocity Fee....b4 You Fly?

Any dual nationals here?

I'm arriving in Argentina next week. A dual British/Australian national and passport holder living in Australia who will only travel on a Brit passport. I'm presuming I will not have to pay this fee? Sorry for the last minute 'wobbly', if anyone can give me the official take on this it would be appreciated.

Any dual nationals here?

I'm arriving in Argentina next week. A dual British/Australian national and passport holder living in Australia who will only travel on a Brit passport. I'm presuming I will not have to pay this fee? Sorry for the last minute 'wobbly', if anyone can give me the official take on this it would be appreciated.

No, you won't have to pay.

When we arrived in February, just after it was instituted, there were still kiosks at EZE where you could pay on arrival. That being said, in Canada they were also preventing people from boarding their flight without the receipt.

Just to clarify...my friend was on her way back to BsAs from Seattle, at the airport, & even though she showed the airline officials the passport stamp that proved that she'd already paid, they still refused her cause Kretina had ordered that now you also have to show a receipt of payment. Without this receipt you have to fork out again. I'm guessing it's just another dirty & desperate tactic by the current Kriminals in government, to fleeze foreign currency from anyone they can.

The requirement to pay in advance has been in place at AEP since Oct 31, EZE since Dec 28 and for the rest of the border crossings since Jan 7. Cruise ship passengers have until July 1 until they need to pay it. The fee applies to those from the US, Canada and Australia.

http://www.discoverb...e-visa-pre-paid

The airlines should be checking for it before boarding, so yes, printing out proof of payment is a good thing to remember to do.

What about Buquebus travellers....?

What about Buquebus travellers....?

I came back from Uruguay on Buquebus a few weeks ago and they wanted to see proof of payment before letting me on the boat. (I have one of the older stickers stapled into my passport, which was fine.) I also recall somebody posting somewhere on here about a month ago that he/she was turned away and had to repay the fee and get a receipt before being allowed on the boat.

I came back from Uruguay on Buquebus a few weeks ago and they wanted to see proof of payment before letting me on the boat. (I have one of the older stickers stapled into my passport, which was fine.) I also recall somebody posting somewhere on here about a month ago that he/she was turned away and had to repay the fee and get a receipt before being allowed on the boat.

I have an old one, in my expired passport, which I now have to carry whenever I travel into Argentina. It's good for another seven years.

I just came last week and had a stop over in the US to change planes , to my surprise they where checking for the seal ( good thing I had one still valid ) I remember some years ago you came in and had the nice surprise now they will not let you board the plane in the US . The are not set up to do this but the airlines are not having much of a choice other than lose business and P%^ss Off customers but it becomes a real mess of people running around .

Just to clarify...my friend was on her way back to BsAs from Seattle, at the airport, & even though she showed the airline officials the passport stamp that proved that she'd already paid, they still refused her cause Kretina had ordered that now you also have to show a receipt of payment. Without this receipt you have to fork out again. I'm guessing it's just another dirty & desperate tactic by the current Kriminals in government, to fleeze foreign currency from anyone they can.

When you say "passport stamp that proved that she'd already paid," do you mean the ink stamp from previous entry or the actual full-page sticker with the barcodes and expiration dates that they throw in your passport?

Back