Recoleta . Zona Liberada - Entraderas

Rich One said:
In the past couple of weeks in a 5 block radius 7 entraderas have been reported in my area of Recoleta :(.

The last 2 days when I went out, I have seen several police patrols in the Juncal/Riobamba/Callao/Santa Fe area. Is there a relation between the insecurity and the police patrols or are they there for another reason?

toongeorges said:
The last 2 days when I went out, I have seen several police patrols in the Juncal/Riobamba/Callao/Santa Fe area. Is there a relation between the insecurity and the police patrols or are they there for another reason?

May well be, but Recoleta area is only Juncal . Santa Fe Callao, who knows:confused:

earlyretirement said:
braytrain - Just a simple question for you. It sounds like you have been living in Buenos Aires for at least a few years now. So honestly tell me if you think crime in Buenos Aires is (a) better than when you first arrived; (b) worse than when you first arrived; or (c) the same as when you first arrived?

Thanks.

Hey Early Retirement

I´ve been coming to BsAs on and off since I was 2 years old, but I´ve only really been able to go around on my own since I was 15.

(c) between three years ago and now, it has been pretty much the same IMO. People rob you, all the time, very efficiently. It´s worse if you are not careful, or if you stand out. My Argentine cousin got robbed with his son in the house by pros, stole a couple hundred grand out of the safe. Didn´t touch the kid (18-19). My older family members are constantly being robbed, having their things stolen, rims, CD players. My younger cousins occasionally get robbed when they are being stupid, like crossing the train tracks in belgrano at 3 in the morning, or leaving their car doors unlocked, or wearing jewelry out in the open.

I look and talk like an ¨argentine¨ and only a few times have people tried to pickpocket me. Same with my brother. I´ve never felt unsafe, however. I mean I am completely aware of what could happen in certain situations, but never am I crapping myself out of fear that someone will physically hurt me. I know that when people come up to me it´s to take something, and not put me in the hospital. It´s a different feeling of insecurity. Of course, take in to consideration my point of view, I don´t own a house or car or that much money even. I am a younger person, I understand the feeling of insecurity increases with age, and ethnicity. As a younger person in the states, there is a huge rise in violence within the youth, and although some people don´t see it, myself and others do, and it´s not because I ride with gangstaz and hoodrats. In argentina, IMO, crime is produced by people wanting money, the system being easily abused, and intelligent people being able to easily abuse this easily abusable system...if that makes sense. In the states, a lot of the crime is produced by the EGO, and probably all the television, videogames, brainwashing, and weird drugs we keep giving children.

braytrain said:
Hey Early Retirement

I´ve been coming to BsAs on and off since I was 2 years old, but I´ve only really been able to go around on my own since I was 15.

(c) between three years ago and now, it has been pretty much the same IMO. People rob you, all the time, very efficiently. It´s worse if you are not careful, or if you stand out. My Argentine cousin got robbed with his son in the house by pros, stole a couple hundred grand out of the safe. Didn´t touch the kid (18-19). My older family members are constantly being robbed, having their things stolen, rims, CD players. My younger cousins occasionally get robbed when they are being stupid, like crossing the train tracks in belgrano at 3 in the morning, or leaving their car doors unlocked, or wearing jewelry out in the open.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and post your opinion. Much appreciated.

I do not fear the "pros". It is my understanding that they work efficiently, fast and no troubles. Their tool is fear and not physical violence. They do not waste time, yours or theirs.

The proliferation of the improvised scares me, mainly because of my children.

Some 2-5 guys tried to mug my kids while they were waiting for me at my front door yesterday, around 6PM (Caballito). They were likely trying to perform an entradera to my building. Kids saw a group of two adults, closely followed by another of three more.

As instructed recently, my kids started moving away from the door, ran for a shop and eventually flagged a police car. Those cops, from another jurisdiction, called another patrol and an officer stayed with them until whe got in touch. This happened over a period of 5-10 minutes.

The second group of three subjects stayed nearby and observed my kids even while they were with an uniformed cop. Cop said that no harm, no foul, so there was nothing he could do about it.

Someone mugged then really not too long ago. Can these have a break, pretty please?

earlyretirement,

you wrote: "I still laugh when I read posts on this board that try to say that most major cities in the USA are as dangerous as Buenos Aires. People are really deluded if they really try to talk themselves into believing that.
I've been to every major city in the USA and in none of them did I have to be careful using my Iphone in public wherever I went. Not the case in Buenos Aires."

I am so happy you said that. Read the article below. Knowledge is good...delusion is bad.

iPhones, iPads popular target for thieves
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/196305...pular-target-for-thieves?clienttype=printable

Andrew,

You wrote: "I live in Chicago, but be sure to tell me when I have a "real world experience" and am allowed to talk."

Now would be good. Tell me...how safe is my previous home and lovely city? Where do you live? You know...just in general? Zip code? Neighborhood? That's all. Do you deny the crime stats pulled directly from CPD? Have you magically avoided crime there? Hw long have you lived in Chi-Town? See, I am willing to listen...all questions, no statements.

joeteixido said:
Hmmm sorry guys I just HAD to ask, where exactly are you from HGQ2112?
OK...cause I know this will be fun:

Chicago: Total time lived there: 21 years
Buenos Aires: Never lived there, but business there for 26 years, most visited city in the world for me.
Current Home: Salinas and Guayaquil, Ecuador - 3 years. Where I hear the same constant bs about Guayaquil, that I hear about BA, neither being accurate. Facts are facts. Believing what you want is, for now, a right. Plenty of you Porteros down Montañita way here in Ecuador. Come talk to some of the folks from Guayaquil. They'll tell you Guayaquil is more dangerous than BA...lol. The USA is the only nation that lives under the misguided belief that "life is safe", while the rest of the world lives like they are "under siege". Yet that pesky empirical data tells us different...tells us the truth. Many of you all apparently wouldn't last a week in St. Louis, let alone Chicago, if you think BA is dangerous. I am not being condescending. Swear I am not, but it is funny.

La Nacion reports today that since May 2012 robberies (entraderas) to apts and businesses have increased 40% , in the Area Av, Cordoba, 9 de Julio, Libertador, Coronel Diaz, a total of 42 incidents reported.
Not a sensation...!!

Back