Recoleta . Zona Liberada - Entraderas

HGQ2112 said:
Citygirl,

And tell it well you do...lol. More like 2-4 months stints at a time. Much more involved than just quick drives from hotels to offices and back. Including forays into many places that BA residents don't even want to go. Real in depth cross-section of true BA life. You know, when I lived in Chicago full-time, you follow your routine. Maybe visit a handful of places regularly. Sort of like that old adage about you never visit the tourist sites of the place you live. I'd bet I've been in more BA neighborhoods and backstreets than you. Point is...if I were discussing perceptions, you'd have a point. I am not. Others are discussing perception. I am discussing empirically available facts and data. That way, folks don't spend a great deal of senseless time debating who's perspective is "better". Reference back to your last post...reference this one from me...see my point?

Nope - are you trying to establish some level of credibility or playing a game of "you know BA better" and basing that on an assumption and perception of how I live my life and what I've done in Buenos Aires or Argentina in general? Odd that....

And really - you are using the phrase "empirical data" in conjunction with discussing anything occurring in Argentina? If there was every a dead give away you don't live here, that would be it.:rolleyes:

You think Buenos Aires is safe. Congrats to you. Many of us that live here have concerns about safely, the rise in crime and the lack of any police response. Those concerns are based on our direct experiences. Continue to enjoy your visits to Buenos Aires. Hopefully you will stay safe.

It¡s about time to Open a new thread on Safety around the World.....??

Rich One said:
It¡s about time to Open a new thread on Safety around the World.....??

Don't bother. Just start a thread that says, "Whatever ills exist in the world are justified because the US is the greatest evil." Or something like that.

It seems that's what turns some people on. "Oh, let me criticize the US because somebody else criticized something in country X."

I've lived here since 2006. If anyone thinks Buenos Aires hasn't gotten more dangerous in the last 6 years then they are smoking some really good sh*t!

Whether it's more or less dangerous than _________ isn't my concern. I don't live in ______. I live in Buenos Aires with my wife and our 2 kids.

Four hotels in Recoleta were robbed recently, as per Today's Clarin Story, the reception as well as incoming guests mugged....stay away from hotel lobbies...!!!

Rich One said:
Four hotels in Recoleta were robbed recently, as per Today's Clarin Story, the reception as well as incoming guests mugged....stay away from hotel lobbies...!!!

Yes but in the US the hotels ________ .

Rich One said:

I couldn't find any mention of this on Clarin (at least on the front page). Was it in the print edition?

A lot of stories about things happening in other countries, though. :)

sleslie23 said:
I couldn't find any mention of this on Clarin (at least on the front page). Was it in the print edition?

A lot of stories about things happening in other countries, though. :)

It was front page at 11am Europe time but seems to have been bumped..never a quiet news day in Bsas...but no crime stories of course because it's much safer than ___________(enter US city name ):D (stealing Dirtboys modus operendi)

Rich One said:

Do you remember which 4 hotels were mentioned? I don't see anything on Clarin.com now.

earlyretirement said:
Do you remember which 4 hotels were mentioned? I don't see anything on Clarin.com now.

I skim read..said Retiro..Rich One??

Back