Recoleta . Zona Liberada - Entraderas

HGQ2112 said:
braytrain,

Read your post on Orlando. Know what you mean. All I could keep thinking when you described everything you'd witnessed was, "Dang, and that was just in Disneyland." Give Mickey a shot or two of Tequila...he becomes a darned fool. You just aren't going to convince those with blinders on. They've replaced facts an reality, with the illusion of "the world as how they perceive it". Can't argue you with that. Just got to respect that they have a right to view the world however they like. Maybe the next time they visit "sunny and safe" Orlando...or "the friendly confines" of Chicago...they will get a real world experience that will bring them perspective.

I live in Chicago, but be sure to tell me when I have a "real world experience" and am allowed to talk.

Happy Camper said:
Yes, Open Door-ish:p. Safer living come's at a cost, it's worth every cent/peso.

Nice to hear - and that is genuinely meant.

How long have you lived there? Why do you feel it has gotten safer recently?

Thanks for all your contributions , I'm now an expert in the Crime Rates in the different borroughs of Chicago...!!

Local crime stats currently being discussed obviously do not include unreported stuff.
People do not report crime because they consider it a waste of their time and simply a further aggravation.
If you ask privately, most LEOs will tell you that not all of what is reported goes further that the original report and even what gets filed and eventually constitutes the stats is supposed to adjust to predetermined quotas or otherwise gets filed elsewhere so it can be read/quoted differently. No precinct, department or jurisdiction is allowed to stray out of certain parameters.

The official declaring that crime is not rising is the same one that not long ago stated that it was the people's fault for keeping more money at home. Don't look at the crime or the perp, point your finger at the victim. That will show them!
Speaking of finger pointing, now we should be looking at upper level police officers as guilty parties. "They're on the take, racketeeiring is their business", is the new official line.
So, accusations fly one way or the other yet nothing is done on the main subject. Enforcing the law and mainly and mostly, making sure the law is effective and does works as a deterrent seems to be no one's business. Not the Government's, not your's. Mind your own business!

It's just an illusion. You can't understand. Your perception is twisted, you are sick! Take another Blue Pill.

And while on the subject of evaluating sources, reliability and credibility. I noted that HGQ2112 has a 13 posts footprint on this board so far.
10 of them on this thread. Statistically, how should I read this?

HGQ2112 said:
"I am leaving BA for Miami, due to crime"...I will just...well smile politely...and....ummmm...wish them well.

Hmmm sorry guys I just HAD to ask, where exactly are you from HGQ2112?

HGQ2112 said:
Trennod,

Look...it's not that I don't understand what your saying. It has some truth to it. But if you think the average person in Chicago trusts his local police officer, any more than they do in BA, then you have got to walk at least a block or two away from the Gold Coast. I know entire neighborhoods where folks - and I do not mean the criminal element - can hear the gun shots a block away and they just sit on their front porch smiling. But have them hear a cop siren a mile away and the scatter like scared rabbits. In BA, the cops ignore you when you call them. In Chi-town, if they size you up and you seem "not right" (lot of "not right" blacks and Latinos apparently - yep, I said it), they beat you senseless, read you your rights and book you for resisting arrest. So, who do you think has got more to fear from going to the police? Someone in BA or someone in Chicago?

Yes there are dodgy neighbourhoods in every major city. But, this doesnt really apply to most of us here, particularly expats in Buenos Aires. Do you fancy spending some time in one of the Villas here? I am not sure that would be that much better.

The thing here, is that crime is terrible even in your supposed middle / upper class neighbourhoods and that is where the majority of expats hang out. Puerto Madero has its police force for gods sake.

trennod said:
Yes there are dodgy neighbourhoods in every major city. But, this doesnt really apply to most of us here, particularly expats in Buenos Aires. Do you fancy spending some time in one of the Villas here? I am not sure that would be that much better.

The thing here, is that crime is terrible even in your supposed middle / upper class neighbourhoods and that is where the majority of expats hang out. Puerto Madero has its police force for gods sake.

You really are precious Trev!
I can imagine you never leaving your apartment or interacting with locals due to your irrational and hysterical fears of crime here . Australia your beloved and lucky country has had more random massacres of innocents going about their day shopping, driving , and walking . To refresh your memoru think Hoddle Street , Queen Street, Port Arthur , Ivan Milat and many many more .

joeteixido said:
Meh... I didn't say I was an expert, just that I was surprised as the times I've been there I never saw anything like that. I never called you names either or suggested you should be under the influence of something.

You are talking about violence and yet happily call us ridiculous and suggest we are on crack for not sharing your point of view. Chill out... shees

Okay. I admit, you did not deserve the degree of a$$-O I was being towards you, in that second to last paragraph under the quote of what you said. However, the last paragraph, about the ¨crackhead,¨ was not towards you or anyone really. It was a more of an hypothetical inquiry of a reversed situation where I would act towards Buenos Aires how you guys acted towards what I said. It will make sense if you read it again, slowly.

DavieW said:
When the likes of braytrain are allowed to come here and abuse the genuine members this place goes to sh1t. I'm in no way saying it's not good to have locals on the site, as long as they're helpful and supportive and realize that they're likely to have to listen to their culture, pizza, president, women, men and crime-rate being spoken about in a negative light.

You, my not so friend, is what´s wrong with BAExpats, and most of the world actually...with the likes of you being allowed to be born and go anywhere and say anything, with your complete lack of intelligence or ability to think logically. I am not a local, I am an expat, who is more local than other expats. Just because I don´t breathe irrationality all over the site, and I speak the truth rather than what these fed-up expats want to hear and moan about, doesn´t mean I´m not genuine.

The problem is that all these - supposedly mature - older people, want to come and provoke me for no reason other than the fact that I said something they don´t like. If you have a problem with me, PM me, simple as that. There is no reason to make me have to respond to you in public.

Back