Recommend a book

That Forgotten Little War in English and Spanish (Aquella Guerrita Olvidada). Novel covering the period of the Falkland War. It's great because you can read it whether you are from Argentina or Britain or wherever. It's a great story. It's like a puzzle that reveals itself as you get further into the book. You can download the kindle or get the paperback (printed and delivered here).
http://www.guid-publicaciones.com/b...lypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=9&category_id=7

Reactions: tez
Gillian said:
That Forgotten Little War in English and Spanish (Aquella Guerrita Olvidada).

How have I never heard of this book?!? Thanks for the recommendation! I'm a little scared, but looking forward to it nonetheless.

mariposa said:
i highly recommend nathan englander's "ministry of special cases".

Hmm... it appears I'm not able to edit my posts anymore... is that right? Anyway, I meant to put this book in the last post, not That Forgotten Little War. But to Gillian: I'm assuming this book is originally in Spanish, right? I had a hard time finding any concrete information on it... did you read it in Spanish or English? Because the only place I found the English version was that site you posted, but it doesn't say who the translator is. Anyway, I'm going to look for it in Spanish...

Thanks everyone for the good recommendations, keep them coming. :)

You might want to consider reading my book, The Church of Tango: a Memoir, available on Kindle and in paper from Amazon. It takes place from 1992-2003 when I moved to Buenos Aires from Mexico, after living in Los Angeles and France. It's about survival--from death, depression, cancer, loss--by dancing--not just tango but everything from C & W to gymnastics to flamenco. It was published last January and there are already some good reviews.

tangocherie said:
You might want to consider reading my book, The Church of Tango: a Memoir

Congrats on the book, you've received some excellent reviews on Amazon. I don't have Kindle so I'll be sure and look for it next time I'm in the states.

Hi RachinBA, thanks for the recommendation. I just got my Kindle too, and taking full advantage of it. I recently read two books from Mario Vargas Llosa, which I very much enjoyed: Bad Girl and The Feast of the Goat (a must read!). I also just bought Chris Pavone's The Expats: A Novel, which is a great espionage story and page-turner.

I just read Feast of the Goat, by Mario Vargas Llosa - I´m sure it available in both English and Spanish. It is about Trujillo, the dictator in the Dominican Republic for about 20 years. It is a great study in corrupted power. Not really non-fiction book, but everything in it is real. Chiiling, but a god read.

Highly recommended.

Even if Llosa becomes more and more of little fascist as he gets closer to grave, he remains a first rate writer.

Cheers, RR

sirjago said:
1Q84 - Haruki murakami, great novel...

The Japanese is complete psycho or steady hallucinogen user. Talking "Shipo-man" at vacation resort, memories about skinning alive "brave Japanese officers" by cruel Mongols during WWII, etc. I've read 3 of his "timepieces", JFC...:(

Back