Recommendation For An Immigration Lawyer

In order to understand this it would be helpful to know (among other things) why the deportation orders were issued in the first place.

Had these individuals overstayed their tourist visa and, if not, what triggered the deportation orders?
Were any of them in Argentina for 6/7 years?

If not, is it possible to get a precaria (legal residency) much sooner than 6/7 years, i.e., once a deportation order has been issued?

Most of them are Chinese. So, there were an inspection at the supermarket and any infringement to the immigration law allows a conminaciòn a abandonar el pais (an invitation to abandon the country). This is what we usually call a deportation order. But in Argentina, the DNM cannot deport anybody, judges do.

But in other cases I take my clients to "Control de permanencia", so they enact the 30 ultimatum to get a residency and 3 months later we have the "deportation order", with that I appeal it and they get a new precaria based on the appeal instead of an immigration category,

The whole case takes 6/7 years because I m attacking the immigration categories because they were enacted for visas not for residencies. If citizens and foreigners have the same civil rights, it is illegal that you have to fullfit an visa category when you are already here. In fact, those categories were invented by a dictator with the openly expressed target of discriminate immigrants who were not Spanish or Italians.

The whole case takes 6/7 years because I m attacking the immigration categories because they were enacted for visas not for residencies. If citizens and foreigners have the same civil rights, it is illegal that you have to fullfit an visa category when you are already here. In fact, those categories were invented by a dictator with the openly expressed target of discriminate immigrants who were not Spanish or Italians.

Thanks Bajo. As a lawyer I really appreciate your explanations of Argentine law,--particularly these interesting issues of constitutional law. Until my Spanish improves, I have few other resources for this kind of information.

It looks like that lacoqueta's lawyer charges $2000 (it has to be dollars) for residency case, not citizenship cases.

And you will not need a lawyer to get your residency based on your social security income.

And you can do it all by yourself if you learn some basic Spanish and focus on learning the appropriate "immigration" terms and exp<b></b>ressions.

Or, if you desire, you can pay about $100 (of course that's dollars) to have Patricia go to migraciones with you to act as an interpreter who "knows the ropes" and can answer the questions that might leave you tongue tied.

Thanks for you info. How do I contact Patricia to get support for residency? I want to open a bank account.

Back