Recommendations For Flight Tickets To Sf

jacobhansen

Registered
Hey Forum

I am flying Buenos Aires - San Francisco in April and return in July to Buenos Aires from SF. I was wondering whether anybody had any recommendations on how to find the cheapest and best flight tickets?

For example would it be an advantage first flying to Miami and then to SF? or maybe fly from Montevideo?

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

Jacob

Keep an eye out for sales. Set up a price alert on Kayak.com. Anything under $1400 is probably going to be a good deal.

Sell dollars at the blue rate, then pay for your flight in cash, in pesos. Saves you a huge chunk of change.

You may have already waited to long to get the best deal that you can. In my experience, I was always able to get the best deals about 1 and a half to 2 months in advance. After that, ticket prices go up as the number of seats go down. Its been a while since I bought my tickets though. Could be different now and it could be different depending on the flight.

You should keep track, follow the prices and see how they change day to day. If you do that, you should be able to jump on it when the price is right.

I second looking on Kayak, do the Flex Month option. I tested some dates in the months you cited and there are still some flights around the $1150 mark.

Suggest you use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to simultaneously scan across: departure points (EZE, AEP, MVD), and arrival points (SFO, OAK, SJC, SMF) and date range. Then go to kayak.com to refine, taking advantage of its multi-airport search capability. Also check for promos from Miami/Ft.Lauderdale and NYC-area airports to San Francisco area (e.g. with JetBlue and Southwest) since the international flights into Florida and NYC are often MUCH cheaper and worth the two-step shuffle. Of course the comment above about saving 35% by paying in pesos-azul here is very important. BTW occasionally I've seen good deals Cordoba-NYC, but maybe too much hassle for you.
Suerte,
Jim

not sure about good deals.. but a good connection is on AA to Dallas, and then to SF. Last Christmas I did something similar and it cost me about 1300 USD.

Lan has a good fare for 5000 pesos
http://www.lan.com/es_ar/sitio_personas/promociones/pasajes-a-san-francisco/index.html?otid=893923&s_cid=onsite2013_AR_20121212_promociones_texto_boxintersfo

I got a roundtrip sfo-eze-sfo on American Airlines through Dallas last September for $700 through their dealfinder. You bid on what you will pay and it always seems to come up about two months before the departure date.
hope this is helpful!

if you fly United, EZE-DC-SFO is the cheapest, but a longer way. I have never tried the AA dealfinder, that seems to
be the best way to travel if your schedule is flexible, the travel time is the least.
I also got some very cheap tickets during LAN sale, thanks to the alert from this forum. I paid about $400. But
I have to do many hops, a very long trip.

Back