recommendations for outside BsAs

Kirst

Registered
Hello

I am coming out to BsAs from the 3rd until the 15th July & I am after some ideas for day trips using BsAs as a base.
I have already been to BsAs twice & have seen most of the touristy spots. I am looking for the off the beaten track places.

I already have a lot of trips booked eg polo ranch for the day, some estancias but would be most grateful for any ideas for other places to go & see as day trips eg Uruguay, spas, sailing etc etc. including cities that are no too far to get to for an overnight stay that don’t require a flight each time.

Can anyone recommend good winetasting places in BsAs ?

Kirst

I took my mum to San Antonio de Areco when she was here in March. It was about 2 hours on a bus from my western barrio of Ramos Mejia, but I know that the bus does start from Retiro in CF. Its a quiet town on a river and there's probably not a whole heap to do if you're on your own, but there are some great parillas and it was lovely to get out of the city, breathe fresh air and just laze in the parks.

You could also take a bus to Rosario if you haven't already been. You'll be here over Independence Day which could be fun. The 'Day of the Flag' holiday is next week and I believe the first raise was in Rosario so would be an interesting place to be. Still, it could be quite lively for 9 de Julio. I took a bus from Retrio and it was about 5 hours I think, there is also a train.

Colonia is the common day trip for Uruguay. I've been there twice and its a cute town. You can easily do it in a day, but there are numerous hotels and spas if you wanted to stay a night and really chill out. They accept ARS and USD almost everywhere. In my opinion its not a very cheap place to go. I think a lot of the restaurants are pricey. Apparently the Sheraton is quite nice out there, i've only seen it from the outside. Its about 5km out of town.

erindanelle said:
You could also take a bus to Rosario if you haven't already been. You'll be here over Independence Day which could be fun. The 'Day of the Flag' holiday is next week and I believe the first raise was in Rosario so would be an interesting place to be. Still, it could be quite lively for 9 de Julio. I took a bus from Retrio and it was about 5 hours I think, there is also a train.

Actually it's quite fun, you will see grown men say hy flag to a flag and thousands of people watching the ceremony

Tigre
Escobar Zoo
Montevideo
Rosario
Cordoba
Salto
Pilar
San Pedro
Lujan

betts said:
Check out these links for sailing day trips:

http://www.smileonsea.com/paseos_en.php

http://www.welcomeargentina.com/ciudadbuenosaires/buenos-aires-on-a-sailing-boat.html

As it is winter, make sure to bring a good sailing/boarding/ski jacket and thermals for sailing as it will be cold on the water. It is a pricey trip to do solo - but I would go with you to share costs and if we could round a group of people it starts to be even affordable.

Betts, that would be great! I would love to do a trip to Uruguay by boat, I see from your weblink they do 2 days ie & night there, are you interested, & anybody else??

For wine tasting, try Terroir right near the US Embassy. The owner, Alex speaks excellent English, and only does tasting with freshly opened bottles for the best taste. he can set up a flight based on your budget. His site is www.terroir.com.ar

As far as day trips, I'm running trips to Lujan on Saturdays that includes a 2 hr dairy factory tour, including tastings (cheeses, milk etc), then heading out to see the amazing Basilica in Lujan So good the Pope went there in '82. There is also a transportation museum nearby. I can also safely handle your airport transfers.

Have fun...Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

Back