Recommendations for (relatively) cheap vacation rental on Uruguay beach?

ClaireJ

Registered
Looking to get away for about 2 weeks to a month at the end of December + beginning of January, somewhere beach-side in Uruguay. I know it's high season, but the prices I've been finding are truly ridiculous. Does anyone have any tips for what beaches might be the best (cheap but still nice), and how to find the best places to stay? No need for a fancy hotel or anything - we'd prefer a small (studio or 1-bedroom) furnished apartment, but we'll settle for just a private room. Or is there no way to manage this for a reasonable price (<$1000US for a month)?

That's the highest of the high season. Xmas and then summer vacation. Punta and its surroundings are definitely going to be way above that price range. I've not been to Punta Diablo but I think it's supposed to be less expensive. That being said, I think you're going to have a really hard time finding anything during that period for that price. Hotels will def be more and apts - well, maybe take a trip there now and see if you can find anything?

I spent two weeks in December in La Paloma several years ago and it was still very quiet. I was told that things don't pick up until January there. There are tons of hotels and places to rent.

You definitely wont find anything in that price. Maybe Atlantida and surroundings, or not even there...

Back