Recruitment agencies in BA??

another tip: use linkedin to contact recruiters in buenos aires in your field. i would try ask someone to write you an email in spanish though. they will be more likely to actually read it.

Michael Page has an office of its' Page Personnel division on Carlos Peligrini in Microcentro, and they are quite good and follow a very non-Argentine way of doing business (detail oriented, follow up calls, coaching you for interviews, etc)

A year and a half ago, they helped get me a pretty lucrative position with Itaú bank (Eventually for one reason or another I turned down the job because I was in another ONDA of my life at the time, but the actually process with Page was actually quite professional and pleasant)

Hi, my family and I are planning to move to Argentina from the United States in August 2012. I am fully bilingual (English/Spanish) and have a Bachelor and MBA in Accounting. I am currently working as an Internal Auditor and have many years of experience in the Accounting/Auditing field. I would like to know whether I have any chances of landing a job in Argentina based on my work experience, university degrees, and language skills. Also, my husband is from Argentina, so I will have my residency once I get there and will be able to work without a problem.

I've considered also the possibility of teaching English until I find something in my area. However, I do not have any teaching experience. Would it be possible to teach English without having any prior experience or is there a certification I can get to teach?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeny

Hi, my family and I are planning to move to Argentina from the United
States in August 2012. I am fully bilingual (English/Spanish) and
have a Bachelor and MBA in Accounting. I am currently working as an
Internal Auditor and have many years of experience in the
Accounting/Auditing field. I would like to know whether I have any
chances of landing a job in Argentina based on my work experience,
university degrees, and language skills. Also, my husband is from
Argentina, so I will have my residency once I get there and will be
able to work without a problem.

I've considered also the possibility of teaching English until I find
something in my area. However, I do not have any teaching experience.
Would it be possible to teach English without having any prior
experience or is there a certification I can get to teach?

Thank you,

Jeny

Hi, my family and I are planning to move to Argentina from the United States in August 2012. I am fully bilingual (English/Spanish) and have a Bachelor and MBA in Accounting. I am currently working as an Internal Auditor and have many years of experience in the Accounting/Auditing field. I would like to know whether I have any chances of landing a job in Argentina based on my work experience, university degrees, and language skills. Also, my husband is from Argentina, so I will have my residency once I get there and will be able to work without a problem.

I've considered also the possibility of teaching English until I find something in my area. However, I do not have any teaching experience. Would it be possible to teach English without having any prior experience or is there a certification I can get to teach?

Thank you,

Jeny

Not to dispute the other advice offered here, but I am not sure where the idea that people in business here mostly speak English. It is simply not true. Four years working as a journalist (interacting with 200+ different organizations in that time) has taught me that levels of English in this country are shockingly low. I have worked for three different English-language broadcast networks and always tried to find interview subjects who spoke English. It was often impossible.

I had a much easier time in Moscow and Eastern Europe.

Cheers, RR

JenyP said:

Thank you,

Jeny

Miss Jeny:

My wife wants contact to you (she is an accountant). Plase send an email to:

[email protected] (Verónica)
[email protected] (Víctor)

Thanks.

wreReynolds said:
Not to dispute the other advice offered here, but I am not sure where the idea that people in business here mostly speak English. It is simply not true. Four years working as a journalist (interacting with 200+ different organizations in that time) has taught me that levels of English in this country are shockingly low. I have worked for three different English-language broadcast networks and always tried to find interview subjects who spoke English. It was often impossible.

I had a much easier time in Moscow and Eastern Europe.

Cheers, RR

I work in an international accounting / finance firm. We have 800 staff in total. It is a requirement to have an intermediate level of english. This level increases proportionately depending on your level / experience up to advanced. Most of my direct colleagues have an advanced level of english. The company pays for englísh classes to maintain and improve your english. With a limited english, your career path is limited.

Most of my clients (multi-nationals) also speak english, at varying levels. But once again, if you want to progress it is important.

JenyP said:

Thank you,

Jeny

Jeny, I work for one of the firms down here. I can put you in touch with Recursos Humanos if you like, PM me if thats something you are interested in.

Back