Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

But you may have to pay the difference in the fares, if you don't wait until the airline cancels your flight. That's what Delta told me until they saw that I had a miles tickets, and then they told me that I would have to cough 240,000 more miles. And you know what, that new flight might not get approved either.
Not sure I understand what happened. You had a miles ticket. They cancelled your flight and made you book another flight with 240,000 more miles? Or they told you that IF you cancel you will not be able to rebook at the same number of miles. I once had a miles ticket cancelled by the airline and they rebooked me at the same mileage, no issues at all. Don't they have to respect the ticket you booked and book you on the next available flight without your having to use more miles?

Not sure I understand what happened. You had a miles ticket. They cancelled your flight and made you book another flight with 240,000 more miles? Or they told you that IF you cancel you will not be able to rebook at the same number of miles. I once had a miles ticket cancelled by the airline and they rebooked me at the same mileage, no issues at all. Don't they have to respect the ticket you booked and book you on the next available flight without your having to use more miles?
I was told that if I preemptively changed my flight, without the airline have cancelled my ticket, I would have to give them 240,000 more miles. This very morning Delta did finally cancel my flight and I was assigned to another flight (after waiting on hold two hours) without the loss of more miles.

I was told that if I preemptively changed my flight, without the airline have cancelled my ticket, I would have to give them 240,000 more miles. This very morning Delta did finally cancel my flight and I was assigned to another flight (after waiting on hold two hours) without the loss of more miles.

Thanks. How far advance is your new flight from the original date?

My August 5 Delta flight was cancelled (or made "cargo only"). After 3 hours on hold, a representative succeeded in getting me on the August 7 flight. I wanted to send her flowers.

Thanks. How far advance is your new flight from the original date?
My August 5 Delta flight was cancelled (or made "cargo only"). After 3 hours on hold, a representative succeeded in getting me on the August 7 flight. I wanted to send her flowers.
I was not so lucky. I was told that since I was flying with miles, the first available flight was Aug 14. We'll see if that flight gets approved. My original flight date was July 15.

Back