Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Another step backwards. The government have for the second time postponed the implementation of quarantine free business travel for vaccinated and negative PCR result holders.

And just like that, the reversal is reversed and they take ten steps forward.
  • No quarantine for business travel from 24SEP
  • Foreign tourists allowed from 01NOV providing they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival and have a negative PCR 72 hours prior to boarding, an anti-gen on arrival and take another PCR test on day 5 to 7 after arrival (These criteria may change as more Argentines are vaccinated)
  • Land borders will be opened from OCT with some kind of plan around "safe corridors" (presumably focused on those living near boarder areas etc in Bolivia and Paraguay etc.)

• Foreign tourists allowed from 01NOV providing they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival and have a negative PCR 72 hours prior to boarding, an anti-gen on arrival and take another PCR test on day 5 to 7 after arrival (These criteria may change as more Argentines are vaccinated)
  • Land borders will be opened from OCT with some kind of plan around "safe corridors" (presumably focused on those living near boarder areas etc in Bolivia and Paraguay etc.)
Well, that's just fantastic news!

Well, that's just fantastic news!
I can't be bothered with all the red tape.

With regard to tourism, the entry of foreigners will be authorized from the first of November. At this point, there are a number of requirements: they must have a complete vaccination schedule, with a date of last application at least 14 days prior to arrival in the country; negative PCR test in the 72 hours prior to shipment, or antigen at the point of entry until defined by the health authority; and PCR test on day 5 to 7 of arrival until defined by the health authority.

According to the Ministry of Health, those people who do not present a complete vaccination schedule, including minors, must perform quarantine, antigen test at admission, and PCR test at day 7.

Thank you for the excellent news. I had a business trip scheduled to Argentina for this week and nearly cancelled it yesterday because of the reversal of rules. Then, this announcement. I saw your email and jumped with excitement.

No quarantine on arrival for business travel?? I guess thats only if you are fully vaccinated? How do you prove it was for business and not pleasure?

No quarantine on arrival for business travel?? I guess thats only if you are fully vaccinated? How do you prove it was for business and not pleasure?
Only if fully vaccinated and I gather you still need to test on arrival and at day 7 and quarantine if positive.
Migraciones ask when leaving/ arriving if business or pleasure. At this point not sure if you will need to carry proof such as a letter from the employer/ inviting business you are travelling to meet or apply for a permission online before travel or not as for some other countries.

Given there is only a month to go before they open to everyone anyway I personally doubt they will make it too difficult.

21 Sept 2021 by María Julieta Rumi
Confusion among airlines: they celebrate the opening of borders, but do not have flights approved for October...The opening of borders was highly anticipated by the commercial aviation sector, so today's announcement - which established that this will happen on November 1 - was well received by companies. However, company representatives point out that they still need to know more details, especially how the international passenger quota will progress - which today is 2300 daily arrivals - and what will happen to the flight approval scheme from that number.

Today, eight days to the end of the month, the airline carriers still do not know what are the authorized itineraries for October. "Now it depends on the Directorate of Migration, the Ministry of Health of the Nation and the National Administration of Civil Aviation (ANAC) that, over the weekend, they should start giving flight approvals based on what they establish from October 1st", he explained. Meanwhile, another source from the sector directly complained that "there are no approvals for October and officials come out to speak of the opening through the newspapers." Consulted by this media, sources from Migrations and ANAC said that they still do not have further details about the announcements. Currently, the daily entry quota to the country is 2,300 international passengers, which is equivalent to about eight flights on average....

An opinion, and not sure where to post it.....Yesterday, Tuesday, the minute I read about the opening of the border on November 1st....I leaped for my computer and bought a ticket for B.A. I expect flights to be swamped with travelers who have been waiting to get into Argentina, as I have. Who am I? I'm the guy you will see walking around Recoleta talking with anyone with the patience to engage me.

Back