Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

UPDATE: 25 October 2021
As of Nov 8th....The new rules don’t require U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents to be vaccinated but do outline different testing requirements depending on their vaccine status. Those who have been vaccinated must show proof of a negative test taken at least three days before their departure. Those who are unvaccinated must show proof of a test taken one day before their departure....

25 October 2021
International flights in Argentina for November and December.
....In this note we will update the status of the flights as we obtain information, the schedule is subject to change.....

UPDATE: 25 October 2021
As of Nov 8th....The new rules don’t require U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents to be vaccinated but do outline different testing requirements depending on their vaccine status. Those who have been vaccinated must show proof of a negative test taken at least three days before their departure. Those who are unvaccinated must show proof of a test taken one day before their departure....

At least three days? Isn't it up to three days?

Has anyone come through recently with trouble from customs/aduanas? I am thinking of traveling soon and bringing back one of my guitars. I was wondering if they are still looking hard at everyone coming it or if its gone back to normal (pre COVID era). I traveled in June and since only citizens and residents were coming through we got a very thorough inspection and questioning.

Has anyone come through recently with trouble from customs/aduanas? I am thinking of traveling soon and bringing back one of my guitars. I was wondering if they are still looking hard at everyone coming it or if its gone back to normal (pre COVID era). I traveled in June and since only citizens and residents were coming through we got a very thorough inspection and questioning.
I would not worry about a guitar, as long as it looks used.

I came in on 31 Oct around 2 in the morning and went through without incident or needing to open a single of 3 (23kg) suitcases or any of my smaller bags.

One of the two guys sitting in front of the x-ray machine asked about the computer in one of my suitcases and mentioned the impuestos for bringing it in normally being 50%. I mentioned that it was used and he said it didn´t matter; new or used. It was early, I hadn´t slept much and dealt with a lot of stress over the previous few days, so my brain wasn´t fully functioning as well as trying to adjust to a new to me accent/grammar - but I got the feeling he was trying to suggest he was giving me a break this one time while also giving me a general warning for the next time and trying to put the kibash on any thoughts I might have about trying to bring things into Argentina. My understanding is as long as it´s obviously used it´s alright, but impuestos are levied if bringing anything that´s new in box or looks to be for resale, so I wasn´t concerned about what I took to be his posturing. My Peruana relatives who live here feel there´re fewer hassles entering here than there are when entering Peru´. Nothing at all was mentioned about my camera, eight lenses, and other camera gear that took up the half of my smaller, overhead compartment sized suitcase. Whatever his intent, he didn´t bother standing up during the brief conversation.

More info in the link but basically you have an allowance of USD 500, old or new doesn't matter as far as I know. I wouldn't put a value of more than say $200 on a used laptop, but that's just me.

7 Nov 2021
Finally there is no antigen test for anyone at arrival in Ezeiza....The Stambouilian tent is for those who need to have done a PCR or antigen test to leave the country if the country of destination requests it. The same happens at Aeroparque....Also there are no longer any obstacles to outbound traffic either, something that had been maintained even when the lobby was opened in general, but the "corralito" had to be left for those who were waiting for its outcome.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like fully vaccinated tourists have indeed been allowed to enter from November 1. Any stories to the contrary out there? Also, do tourists still have to show proof that their health insurance covers covid? I called my insurance carrier and they said they have never had that request, so they don't have specific documentation that states that covid is covered (even though it is). Anyone else have to deal with this issue and how did you prove coverage?

I'm glad to hear it sounds like fully vaccinated tourists have indeed been allowed to enter from November 1. Any stories to the contrary out there? Also, do tourists still have to show proof that their health insurance covers covid? I called my insurance carrier and they said they have never had that request, so they don't have specific documentation that states that covid is covered (even though it is). Anyone else have to deal with this issue and how did you prove coverage?
I entered on Friday with no issues. Uploaded proof of vaccine and insurance on official jurada before the flight (necessary to check-in) and then only the vaccine card at migraciones. I’m just not sure if I still have to do the 5-7 day covid test. No one ever told us anything upon arrival.

Back