Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

This seems like the thread to post this in.

Just received an email at 8 this morning that my flight to Buenos Aires from Lima on 30 October was cancelled "... debido al COVID-19 y por restricciones ajenas a la operación en LATAM Airlines."

Could be me being untrustworthy, but something seems off. I was under the impression Covid case #'s and other benchmarks have been on the decline over the last two months. Argentina is opening the borders on 1 November as well. Unless these have suddenly changed, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking LATAM is using Covid as an excuse to cancel flights that aren't in their interest to fly. They give zero explanation other than what I quoted above.

Anybody know anything about new travel restrictions, because LATAM is saying the restrictions have nothing to do with them?

things have improved, but this doesnt mean they suddenly lifted flight restrictions either. could just be that particular flight wasn't authorized.

It's strange because there are other flights with LATAM available the same day. If it's a covid restriction, and not a restriction of LATAM, then how is it that this restriction that I, or family in Argentina, can't find any information about? Wouldn't a covid restriction affect all flights on that day, or until further notice?

Other than the general bother of having to deal with airline B.S., is the fact that I have a connecting flight out of AEP with about six and a half hours to deal with customs, immigration, and taking a transfer (Sunday morning). Now my flight gets in at 01:00 in the morning and I'm wondering where I'm going to wait this all out if I can't wait all night in EZE or can't enter AEP more than two hours before my flight? If it comes down to waiting on the street or getting a hotel at 2 or 3 in the morning, is LATAM gonna pay for that, since I can't see them being able to provide proof of what they're saying is a new covid restriction that isn't affecting any other of their flights? I doubt it.

I'm about to go to the LATAM office where if history repeats itself the people there will be of zero use as far as being able to answer any questions. They sell tickets and don't do much else other than give numbers to phones that don't get answered or cut off during the whole automated menu process.

You
Just received an email at 8 this morning that my flight to Buenos Aires from Lima on 30 October was cancelled "... debido al COVID-19 y por restricciones ajenas a la operación en LATAM Airlines."

Could be me being untrustworthy, but something seems off. I was under the impression Covid case #'s and other benchmarks have been on the decline over the last two months. Argentina is opening the borders on 1 November as well. Unless these have suddenly changed, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking LATAM is using Covid as an excuse to cancel flights that aren't in their interest to fly. They give zero explanation other than what I quoted above.

No new travel restrictions that I know of, there's been no indication that the opening of borders from Nov. 1 isn't happening, though I would note that Oct. 30 is before any opening.

You just got a canned reply, Latam are too lazy to address your case individually. It's just restrictions, and hey, let's throw COVID in there for good measure. I would be suspicious if the flights on Saturday from Lima (Oct. 30 is a Saturday) have been operating normally until now. If that's the case, then something's off.

Going to the Latam office (if it's actually open) is not going to be of any help, I've done the same, called the same numbers, been cut off in the same way... it's just for show, Latam have your money and have no intention of resolving your problems. A whole Facebook group was set up by people who've been screwed in the same way, or differently, by Latam. I personally hope never again to travel with that bunch of "pillos".

I'm good for 30 October because it's for family reunification with my wife who has residence. The LATAM office, as I had a feeling and which was confirmed here - absolutely useless. A discount airline is the only other option, and I'm guessing if I take LATAM up on their refund offer I'll have to wait six months to a year for the refund. I too strongly dislike LATAM, but there's really no better option in my case. Their business model isn't at all about getting their customers from point A to point B. It's about selling tickets and maximizing profits, and if they have to screw over their customers and lie about the reason while doing so, they don't care.

Reminds me of that old fake commercial Lily Tomlin did on SNL in her Ernestine/phone operator character.

You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated — [ she hits buttons with her elbows ] even we can’t handle it. But that’s your problem, isn’t it? So, the next time you complain about your phone service, why don’t you try using two Dixie cups with a string? We don’t care. We don’t have to. We’re the Phone Company.

Does anyone have a source confirming the newest requirements for entry? I've seen reported in newspapers that the declaración jurada is no longer necessary when arriving for residents. We have friends flying this week from the US, they are Argentine residents with DNIs returning from visiting family. They have complete vaccine regimen (here with AZ and in the US a second round with Moderna). They are trying to understand if they still need to do the declaración jurada.

Thanks

Does anyone have a source confirming the newest requirements for entry? I've seen reported in newspapers that the declaración jurada is no longer necessary when arriving for residents. We have friends flying this week from the US, they are Argentine residents with DNIs returning from visiting family. They have complete vaccine regimen (here with AZ and in the US a second round with Moderna). They are trying to understand if they still need to do the declaración jurada.

Thanks

Back