Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

That is one of the reasons for my question. Does anyone know how far in advance they let you enter?
On Saturday we got there at 3pm for an 8:50 flight. We were done with the covid test in 30 minutes but the extra time meant that we didn't have the usual airport worries about missing our flights during the testing process.
Then we had to wait until 5pm to enter the terminal. But it was a very good experience. We sat in the sun with food trucks nearby. When it was our turn almost all the passengers for other lfights were gone and we had no lines at all. Within maybe 20 minutes we were at the boarding area with plently of time to eat or shop.

The answer to this is probably here somewhere, but I can't find it. We are on the Delta flight leaving EZE at 11:40 pm tomorrow. What time should we arrive at the airport?
I've taken the same Delta flight two since the pandemia started and I've never gotten to the airport more than two hours in advance. The last time (six weeks ago) I sailed through everything and had plenty of time to shop and eat.

On Saturday we got there at 3pm for an 8:50 flight. We were done with the covid test in 30 minutes but the extra time meant that we didn't have the usual airport worries about missing our flights during the testing process.
Then we had to wait until 5pm to enter the terminal. But it was a very good experience. We sat in the sun with food trucks nearby. When it was our turn almost all the passengers for other lfights were gone and we had no lines at all. Within maybe 20 minutes we were at the boarding area with plently of time to eat or shop.

So there would have been no loos available?

Here is the schedule for May as it stands today - they are updating it as the situation goes.

Aeroméxico
  • 1, 8 y 15 de mayo, de Ciudad de México (MEX) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 2, 9 y 16 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Ciudad de México (MEX).
Air Europa
  • 4 y 11 de mayo, de Madrid (MAD) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
Air France
  • 30 de abril, 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28 y 30 de mayo; de Paris/Charles de Gaulle (CDG) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE)
  • 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29 y 31 de mayo; de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Paris/Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
En negrita: vuelos autorizados, el resto de las fechas aguardan ser aprobadas.

American Airlines
  • Todos los días, de Miami (MIA) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
  • 7 y 14 de mayo, de Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
Avianca
  • 2, 3, 6, 9 y 10 de mayo, de Bogotá (BOG) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
Boliviana de Aviación
  • 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 y 15 de mayo, de Santa Cruz de la Sierra (VVI) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
Copa Airlines
  • 30 de abril, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 y 14 de mayo, de Ciudad de Panamá/Tocumen (PTY) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14 y 15 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Ciudad de Panamá (EZE).
Delta Air Lines
  • 1, 8 y 13 de mayo; de Atlanta (ATL) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 2, 9 y 14 de mayo; de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Atlanta (ATL).
Ethiopian Airlines

• 3 y 10 de mayo, de Addis Abeba (ADD) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa
Vuelos entre San Pablo/Guarulhos (GRU) y Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa no será autorizado.

Iberia
  • 3, 5, 10 y 12 de mayo, de Madrid (MAD) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
JetSMART Chile
No operarán.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • 29 de abril, 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 24 y 27 de Ámsterdam a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26 y 28 de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y Ámsterdam (AMS).
En negrita: vuelos autorizados, el resto de las fechas aguardan ser aprobados.

LATAM
  • 6 y 13 de mayo, desde San Pablo/Guarulhos (GRU) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
  • 7 y 14 de mayo, desde Santiago de Chile (SCL) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
  • 3, 5, 10 y 12 de mayo, desde Lima (LIM) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 4, 6, 11 y 13 de mayo, desde Buenos Aires/Ezeiza a Lima (LIM).
*En negrita: sujeto a aprobación de DGAC Perú.

LEVEL
  • 7 y 14 de mayo, de Barcelona (BCN) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 8 y 15 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Barcelona (BCN).
Lufthansa
  • 8 y 12 de mayo, de Frankfurt Am Main (FRA) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 10 y 15 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Frankfurt Am Main (FRA).
Paranair
  • 1, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13 y 14 de mayo, de Asunción (ASU) a Buenos Aires/Aeroparque (AEP) y Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa.
SKY Airline
No operarán.

Turkish Airlines
  • 4 y 13 de mayo, de Estambul (IST) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
Vuelos entre San Pablo/Guarulhos (GRU) y Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) y viceversa no será autorizado.

United Airlines
  • 1, 6, 8 y 13 de mayo, de Houston/Intercontinental (IAH) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 2, 7, 9 y 14 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Houston/Intercontinental (IAH).

has anyone recently left with an expired visa? are there any hoops to jump through, or do you simply check in and pass through security?

has anyone recently left with an expired visa? are there any hoops to jump through, or do you simply check in and pass through security?
Do you mean expired, like EXPIRED??? In which case I don't know.

If you mean a visa that was valid beyond March 17 2020 and the validity therefore has been in continued suspended animation ever since - it's so normal that nobody even raises an eyebrow. You'll just get a regular exit stamp in your passport, as I did.

Lufthansa
  • 8 y 12 de mayo, de Frankfurt Am Main (FRA) a Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE).
  • 10 y 15 de mayo, de Buenos Aires/Ezeiza (EZE) a Frankfurt Am Main (FRA).
The flight on 8th of May (LH511) got cancelled. Do you know why they cancelled it? Is it related to new government restrictions? BTW: according to Google Flights the next flights on May 15 and 22 are currently still on:

1620146892343.png

What happens if the flight get cancelled? Do they just return the money or are they looking for an alternative flight for you? As you can see, the flight prices are really off the charts now (at least short term).

The flight on 8th of May (LH511) got cancelled. Do you know why they cancelled it? Is it related to new government restrictions? BTW: according to Google Flights the next flights on May 15 and 22 are currently still on:

View attachment 7723

What happens if the flight get cancelled? Do they just return the money or are they looking for an alternative flight for you? As you can see, the flight prices are really off the charts now (at least short term).

When United Cancelled I got a refund.

You have only to fill out the declaracion jurada for the govt here, but the place you are going may require a negative pcr, something that will be checked by the airline personal when you check in.

According to the US guidelines, "Travelers must have an original printed or electronic negative COVID-19 viral test result (NAAT: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, NEAR, HDA, or Antigen: Rapid)". I just signed up for a CDRossi "Test rápido de antígenos", the day before my departure. It appears this test will meet the "Antigen: Rapid" requirements for flying to the US, but can anyone confirm?

Back