Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

The aviation administration does not seem to be working because of the lockdown. No joke. Government in Argentina. They do no give a sh..
it takes 30 minutes and basic excel skills to "armar la cronograma" of the flights. Yet the ANAC have done nothing in 2 weeks.90% of people working at ANAC are gnocchi who just charge a salary and do nothing. Esp. now with "working from home" they not only do nothing but they don't even have to go to the office.

EE UU as a rule, enter and exit on your EE UU passport. And as a follow up rule - DON'T BREAK THE RULE!
Yeah, I have been reading on this today and it seems, its definitely NOT a good idea. Thanks for your input and Renzi aswell.

I now have two tough choices...
1. Either wait for the interview to renew my passport here in mid. July or
2. Fly into the U.S. and renew it there but I will have to wait in the U.S. (before coming back to Arg.) 4 to 6 weeks or more to get the new passport.

Even if you enter with a USPP and exit with the ARG one, you could (possibly) get flagged next time you try to return to the US. At worst, you might just get pulled aside and questioned/interrogated as to why you did this, so just be aware that it may be an issue.

EE UU as a rule, enter and exit on your EE UU passport. And as a follow up rule - DON'T BREAK THE RULE!

I’m not sure what any of this even means.

You do not go through passport control when exiting the US. You don’t “leave the US” on any passport.
If you’re driving to Canada or Mexico, you present your papers at that country’s port of entry, not to US authorities. And if you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen, of course you show them that passport, not the US one.

And if you’re flying, you show your traveling papers to the airline, and it’s pretty much the same. If you’re a dual citizen flying to Argentina, of course you show the airline your Arg passport not the US one. If you show them your US one, they’re supposed to ask you for proof of a return flight.

The aviation administration does not seem to be working because of the lockdown. No joke. Government in Argentina. They do no give a sh..

I assume that, because Aerolineas is essentially an arm of the ruling party, that the threat of not being able to fly to the US will force them to get their s..t together. The mayhem that would result from the cancellation of flights on which the average economy seat cost north of $3000 would be intolerable.
They have barely 2 weeks to fix this.

And if you’re flying, you show your traveling papers to the airline, and it’s pretty much the same. If you’re a dual citizen flying to Argentina, of course you show the airline your Arg passport not the US one. If you show them your US one, they’re supposed to ask you for proof of a return flight.
I have flown to Argentina dozens of times (always on one way tickets) and only once did an overly zealous agent ask to see my return ticket (this was at Madrid). I stepped on the side and put on hold a mock up award trip on the AA app. Showed the reservation (not ticketed) to the agent and that was it.

Would you think that one can FLY OUT of the U.S. with my Argentinian passport? If your U.S. passport is expired and with this email now you can fly into the U.S...can one come back to Argentina without renewing the U.S. passport by using the Argentinian one? Obviously, with dual citizenship.

If anyone knows... otherwise we would have to stay in the U.S. for 4 to 6 weeks while waiting for the new U.S. Passport. Here in B.A. we havent beem able to get an appointment to renew it and would love to fly to the U.S. as soon as possible.
No. For leaving the US you need a US valid passport.

Yeah, I have been reading on this today and it seems, its definitely NOT a good idea. Thanks for your input and Renzi aswell.

I now have two tough choices...
1. Either wait for the interview to renew my passport here in mid. July or
2. Fly into the U.S. and renew it there but I will have to wait in the U.S. (before coming back to Arg.) 4 to 6 weeks or more to get the new passport.

You can renew your passport in the states in under 24 hours.

It seems anxious passengers (and anxious armchair passengers) are not the only ones complaining about lack of June flight approval info.
tell me about it! I have a flight for June 5 and I want it to get it canceled so I can call and get on an earlier flight this weekend. :p Come one ANAC> Today must be the day!

Back