Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

You are right. AA customer reps in the US don't know what's happening. AA in BA just told me the decision will be made by the government on 8 August.

This is the reason why I don't even attempt to explain argentina to my friends in the states. You can't possibly understand it until you spend at least a year here to experience first had the crazy shit that goes on.

The AA person the states will never understand. It makes zero logical sense.

This is the reason why I don't even attempt to explain argentina to my friends in the states. You can't possibly understand it until you spend at least a year here to experience first had the crazy shit that goes on.

The AA person the states will never understand. It makes zero logical sense.

Yes but an AA rep should know that the flights have been suspended.

How can they wait until Aug 8, since those decisions affect flights from Aug 9 on? I thought the new round of authorizations was going to be on Aug 6.

Today I had an online chat with a rep in Argentina who said that the government's announcement could come before the 8th.

Yes but an AA rep should know that the flights have been suspended.

On one of my cancelled flights the AA rep made it clear that her instructions were to treat any flight that appeared on her screen as real. She had no information about previous cancelled flights or government authorized flights. All she knows is that when AA cancels it, then it wont appear anymore.

For anyone with a booking on Alitalia from Argentina after 15 October - all bookings cancelled with no option of rerouting or new dates. Refunds only will be issued.

This is partly due to the perpetual mess and constant restructuring that Alitalia is in and partly due to the perpetual mess and severe travel restrictions that Argentina faces today. It is now unclear when or if Alitalia version X will resume flights to Argentina.

Today I had an online chat with a rep in Argentina who said that the government's announcement could come before the 8th.
Was scheduled to fly EWR to DFW yesterday. AA cancelled my flight a few days prior to travel.

Eagerly awaiting the news and a lengthy stay at the Dallas Fort Worth airport holiday inn.

Back