REFRIED BEANS have been found!

Napoleon

Registered
Today I found a full Tex-Mex dispay table at the DISCO on the corner of Las Heras & Republican Arabe Siria (across from the south end of the botanical gardens).

They have both traditional refried beans and "No Fat Refried Black Beans" (not a racist thing, that just what they are).

There were also cans & jars of salsas, jalepeños, and other fixin's all from the company "CASA FIESTA" out of El Paso, Texas.

This table was passed the aisles in the middle, but towards the frozen foods section.

bon provecho

Napoleon said:
Today I found a full Tex-Mex dispay table at the DISCO on the corner of Las Heras & Republican Arabe Siria (across from the south end of the botanical gardens).

They have both traditional refried beans and "No Fat Refried Black Beans" (not a racist thing, that just what they are).

There were also cans & jars of salsas, jalepeños, and other fixin's all from the company "CASA FIESTA" out of El Paso, Texas.

This table was passed the aisles in the middle, but towards the frozen foods section.

bon provecho

Most Discos have a good selection of La Costena products as well. Surprisingly, the salsa is priced about the same as in the US, if not a bit less.

"Bon provecho?"

I guess with a name like Napoleon a little French has to surface form time to time...

Do You mean dietry challenged african american beans.:D

Carrefour often carried lots of Casa Fiesta products as well, including the refried beans. I think I've seen them at Jumbo before too.

You can also find a lot of random imported food products (like peanut butter, bbq sauce, etc) in the Chinatown in Belgrano.

I've found all kinds of beans, no problem, refried, black (how could that be racist?), even Van de Camps baked beans.

OK, well I was in another DISCO [the one on Quintana right next to SHAMPOO... great location for a grocery store ;-) ] and they have refried beans as well. I feel like I read a thread complaining about a shortage of refried beans a few months ago, but it might have just been a girl at a party complaining about her inability to find canned gaseous fiber at JUMBO.

NOW- American Style CHEDDAR CHEESE.

Where can one find this stuff?

I have found very cheap cheddar cheese at the Coto on French and Larrea in Recoleta. Its not like a block of cheese its more like single slices (ie Kraft Singles but not that gross) and you get it at the deli area but its perfect for sandwiches/burgers etc.

Back