Registering baby in Argentina- passport question!

UK passports are done directly in the UK (via mail). No traductor publico is required, you can also use a translator registered in the UK. On the website of the UK Embassy in Buenos Aires, there is a list of available translators in Buenos Aires, but you can really use anybody. I am on that list and I have already translated birth certs for passport applications in the UK (I am a translator registered in the UK). I am in Palermo. PM don't work for me, you need to look me up on the embassy website.

Traductores publicos are mandatory for anything to be used in Argentina, as Argentina don't even recognizes translations done abroad and legalized for international use. Talk about double standard...

There is, though, an option to have the DNI within 24 hours. Details here.
You did it for a baby?
I`m so mad now, beause I was denied to apply for 24 hrs DNI for a baby with reasoning you can not ask for it if it`s the first DNI ever (baby or DNI for foreigner). And in province it is 96 hours, 24 only in CABA.

Traductores publicos are mandatory for anything to be used in Argentina, as Argentina don't even recognizes translations done abroad and legalized for international use. Talk about double standard...

And among the prerequisites for being a traductor publico is to have been an Argentine citizen for at least 5 years.
Which is kind of outrageous; it’s the kind of thing which ought to be illegal.
There is nothing that makes the qualifications of an Argentine superior to those of a foreigner; this is simply a case of entrenched interests protecting their own.

And among the prerequisites for being a traductor publico is to have been an Argentine citizen for at least 5 years.
Which is kind of outrageous; it’s the kind of thing which ought to be illegal.
There is nothing that makes the qualifications of an Argentine superior to those of a foreigner; this is simply a case of entrenched interests protecting their own.

Tell me about it! I went to my own consulate in Microcentro to find out how I could provide translations for them and I was told 'this is Argentina, we follow Argentinian law, only traductores publicos can translate vital records'. I told them about the citizenship requirement and the lady said 'I don't know'. I showed her the Ley printout with the 5-yr citizenship requirement and she said she didn't know if it was true what I was showing her... Unbelievable. Like I would make up such a stupid requirement to prove a point to my disadvantage.
I told the lady from the consulate that it is ridiculous that I am required to be a foreigner to work with my own government, not to mention discriminatory. I could provide translation for public use in my own country, why can't I keep doing it here? I am not interested to work for Argentinian public offices, just for my consulate. Answer was: 'you want to work in Argentina, you study in Argentina. You can't come here and do whatever you want'. Nice...

I even asked them: what if I do the translation at home and legalized it there for use here at the consulate? Answer: legalization at home is not valid in consulates. WTF?!

The UK embassy in Buenos Aires had no issue in listing me, though.

Hello, pls my wife and myself are foreigners coming from ASIA to have our baby in Argentina, we already have two children already so this is gonna be our third child. Please I want to know if we the parents of the new born and our other two children will get a PR after the birth of the child and is it automatic or there are some conditions that have to be met? Thank you

Bith certificate. Criminal check from your country. All legalized by the Hague apostille or AR consular legalization depending on where are you from.

Bith certificate. Criminal check from your country. All legalized by the Hague apostille or AR consular legalization depending on where are you from.
Okay thank you Bajo_cero2 for your reply, so with just the birth certificates and criminal checks from our country for the four of us we would be able to apply for a PR after we have given birth to our baby yeah?

will get a PR after the birth of the child and is it automatic or there are some conditions that have to be met?

there is nothing automatic.

You should wait for babys partida de nacimiento and DNI. For me it took months.
DNM refused to start the case for parents until baby`s DNI arrives.

I`m waiting for my DNI even more. From birth of a baby I have zero documents apart from precaria, my Argentinian baby is soon 8 months!

Also there is a lot of discrimination, they threat parents of Argentinian babies like the lowest cast, worse then those are guys from Mercosur in the DNM hierarchy. So they really made some bolivian wait because here I am a european parent of an argentinian. At the same time they have priority for visas transitorias -it is pure cash. Made me wait with a baby in hands for some hours because guess what? Out of the sudden came up visas transitorias to enlighten their room.

You also have to bring a lot of documents, they can damage it, or even ask you to translate Spanish to Spanish or refuse to accept your documents.

If somebody have idea how to make it without months of pointless waiting and many not reasonable refuses – let us know.

You also can apply for citizenship with just the papers i told you about plus address certificate, they adk for the bieth certificate if the baby, no DNI.

they adk for the bieth certificate if the baby, no DNI.

Both DNM and court asked for baby`s DNI.
Maybe with a lawyer no but costs not less then 5 000 and not in pesos, and result is not guaranteed, because both DNM and a court can decide whatever they want.

Back