Registering baby in Argentina- passport question!

No, at Court they have to enforce the art. 2.2 of law 346 and the 3 rooms of the chamber do so.

there is nothing automatic.

You should wait for babys partida de nacimiento and DNI. For me it took months.
DNM refused to start the case for parents until baby`s DNI arrives.

I`m waiting for my DNI even more. From birth of a baby I have zero documents apart from precaria, my Argentinian baby is soon 8 months!

Also there is a lot of discrimination, they threat parents of Argentinian babies like the lowest cast, worse then those are guys from Mercosur in the DNM hierarchy. So they really made some bolivian wait because here I am a european parent of an argentinian. At the same time they have priority for visas transitorias -it is pure cash. Made me wait with a baby in hands for some hours because guess what? Out of the sudden came up visas transitorias to enlighten their room.

You also have to bring a lot of documents, they can damage it, or even ask you to translate Spanish to Spanish or refuse to accept your documents.

If somebody have idea how to make it without months of pointless waiting and many not reasonable refuses – let us know.
thanks for your reply Kula, am sorry about all you had to go tru, its really not fair how you were treated, does it mean that there are lots of discrimination in Argentina...WOW thats serious!!!

You also can apply for citizenship with just the papers i told you about plus address certificate, they adk for the bieth certificate if the baby, no DNI.
Okay thank you and pls how long can it take to get the citizenship, also pls can you recommend any reliable lawyer or agent that can help with all of this documentations and processes. Thanks a lot for your time

Both DNM and court asked for baby`s DNI.
Maybe with a lawyer no but costs not less then 5 000 and not in pesos, and result is not guaranteed, because both DNM and a court can decide whatever they want.
please can you recommend a reliable lawyer for me that can help with the documentations or if you know any agent i can contact that can help at a cost, I would love to know pls

please can you recommend a reliable lawyer for me that can help with the documentations or if you know any agent i can contact that can help at a cost, I would love to know pls

If you can choose, I would say – do not go to Argentina and for god sake do not bring your family with pregnant wife to Argentina. Nobody of the lawyers will actually help, but only take your money. Whatever they will tell you. When you will join a lawyer at the court you will be surprised that he insists there that he works for free, regardless of what you paid him, citizenship process should be free by law.

If you still want to go here, I can help you, so at least you will avoid mistakes that I did here. In both cases, a result is not guaranteed. Keep in mind Argentina does not remember own laws and things are not fast here as well. Also if you have other children they can become argentines only after they 18th birthday. Theoretically it might be possible earlier, but on practice nobody succeeded so far. Maybe lawyer will promise different, but it is years in courts.

Concerning permanent residency I would not count on this - it can be easily revoked or governmental course will change and those who were welcomed will be expelled. It is not stable situation here. Citizenship is something more firm, and with argentinian baby you should not wait 2 years with permanent residency to apply as everybody does in general. The citizenship process itself can take up to 2-3 years and no less 1 year. Expenses to do all that will be huge.

Back