Reliable Way to get USD to Argentina now

Another example (I got curious) - Banco Galicia. Sorry, can't get formatting to hold but you'll sort it out.

Enviar dinero Tarifa Mínimo
Hasta 500 $USD Gastos fijos 30 $USD
De 501 a 1000 $USD Gastos fijos 50 $USD
Más de 1000 $USD. 0,3% 125 $USD

Recibir dinero Tarifa Mínimo
Hasta 100 $USD Gastos fijos 10 $USD
De 101 a 500 $USD Gastos fijos 30 $USD
De 501 a 1000 $USD Gastos fijos 50 $USD
Más de 1000 $USD 0,125 % 100 $USD

Last edited:
Directly from the horse's mouth:
Today I had an appointment in the Banco Santander Rio and they told that I could open an account in USD, and transfer directly funds fron the USA to my account here.
The cost is 2.5% of the total amount, with a minimun of 200 USD being sent.

Directly from the horse's mouth:
Today I had an appointment in the Banco Santander Rio and they told that I could open an account in USD, and transfer directly funds fron the USA to my account here.
The cost is 2.5% of the total amount, with a minimun of 200 USD being sent.
And get the official rate. Why would you want to do that? And deal with the banks here?

Why does this matter? You deposit USD in the US and here you get USD again. Or am I missing something?
Correct. The issue would be, however, what happens when you get to the bank and say, "I want my money from my USD account." Will they pay out in Pesos (at the official rate) or will they literally pay out in USD. The answer, at least for now and at least for one bank with which I am familiar, is the payout can be in USD. I believe it has not always been so and this would be something to discuss when setting up the USD account.

I know of one person who rents a safety deposit box for the transferred USD against the possibility that one day there will be a forced account payout in Pesos.

Last edited:
NO way, they will de[posit USD in your dollar account
Deposit - yes. Withdrawal (for now) - yes. I offer the concern for situations where large amounts of USD build in a USD account in the blissful assumption that banking rules never change in Argentina.

Back