relocating suggestions

luddite

Registered
Hello all,
I am not technically new to the Ex-pat website as I have read through it many times in the past; however I am new in the sense that I finally registered as a member and I would like to take the time to introduce myself.
I am a 30 something male residing near Seattle, Washington. I am very well travelled and currently work for a digital mapping company, but am looking to move on in the future.
Like many of you on this forum, I have developed a strong affinity for Argentina culture and lifestlye. Yes, I am aware of many of the short comings of Argentine life, but after 6 years of the Bush regime, how can it possibly be any worse?
I have travelled extensively throughout South America and "lived" briefly in Chile in 1992. In 2004, I introduced my wife to Argentina and she too became enamoured with the culture. In 2005 we decided to purchase a depto in Bs. As., and we finalized the purchase last year. This was step 1 of my master plan to reside in Argentine. I am now looking towards step 2, which is to figure out a way I can reside in Argentina, at least several months of the year. I'm wondering how several of you ex-pats managed to swing it? I know some of you probably are/were employed and are sponsored, but how those who did it on their own? What suggestions or recommendations would you have for someone looking to relocate to Argentina, particularly in terms of working?
I am interested in starting an import/export business between the US and Argentina. Does anyone here have some words of wisdom?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. IF not, please feel free to drop me a quick note and say "hi."

Back