Reminder : March 24 is a National day here

French jurist

Registered
On next wednesday, many places will be closed due to this national day (National day : Memory for truth and justice).

Memory for the Dead Montoneros (crazy expelled peronist terrorists from the 70's that provided a good excuse for the military to take over). Nestor and Cristina were Montoneros, but from the comfort of their parents big houses and did not risk anything..this is why the holiday was created a few years ago. All the Montoneros that survived are now the Gorditos, the corrupt kircheristas who are destroying this country with their corruption, la mano negra and their rampant hypocrisy.

Shades of 1984!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have friends who were rank-and-file in the military in the 1970's. They were not crazy about rounding up the few real political dissidents, which was horrible, but had no problems shooting those Manimals, in battle or against the wall, who mindlessly liked to kill innocent people in the name of marixsm.

However, a day off is a day off. ;) Everybody enjoy the day off, and hope you have some sun in BA!

Mendozanow, tehre is no words I could say to show my hate for you. Your Nazi comrades tortured and killed dozens of thousands of innocent people, only for fun. I hope that you die slowly from a degenerative disease. Really.
And your comrades, to jail, for life.

By the way, "1984" is the kind of books that your comradeds burned during those years.

Montoneros like to portray themselves as heroes and victims, but they were killers.

A friend of mine tried to leave the movement and her "comrades" threw her out of the window of a fifth floor apartment. Another friend's assignment was to place bombs under park benches, where retirees congregated, and mothers sat while their children played nearby. He was later shot while attacking a police station with a machine gun - his own mother told me it was his choice to die that way: lived violently, died violently.

Both friends were solid middle class people, full-time college students supported in style by their parents, and summering in Punta del Este. Other former Montoneros I know have grown fat since their buddies got in power, and now enjoy cushy "ñoquis" jobs, pensions they never earned, and many perks that we all pay for.

So, forget about tired propaganda cliches like innocent working-class heroes vs. cruel fascists. People who lived through those dark times know that there was plenty of violence and cruelty from both sides.

Mendozanow's message was quite provocative indeed.

During those dark times in Latin America, I was a teenager in France and I remember seeing at home in Paris a few "political dissidents", mainly from Chile (non marxists, just that they were left wing intellectuals).
I remember quite well one of them who was a classical pianist : got all his fingers broken.

As for the few French victims in Argentina during that time, the most famous are two nuns, 70 years old, one of them was even caring Videla's son (trisomic).
Due to their sympathy towards the Madres de Mayo, they were :
- 1 = tortured
- 2 = killed (her remains were found a few years ago)

Surely there were marxists who would kill in the name of their ideology (in the Argentinean way : quite catholic as well, local specificity), but the other side killed much more in the name of their own "anti-left" ideology.

Torturing & killing two elderly nuns (Alfredo Astiz) just because they were friendly to mothers who had their kids disappeared is just nameless.

I'm not trying to give good/bad points here, for your information France even sent military personel that had done the Algerian war to Argentina in order to teach torture and such delicate things.

I hope for mendozanow that no Argentinean K militant will see his post : he could get a few problems with immigration.

As SaraSara said, things are quite grey/gray.

Oh well, and of course this thread will get closed at some point, hopefully : too controversial

marksoc said:
... I hope that you die slowly from a degenerative disease. Really....

IMHO, marksoc's post should cause him to be censored, or this thread to be closed. Such hate-filled comments are a discredit to the forum.

Going back to the first post in this thread, any idea if the shopping malls will be open? Just like on a sunday?? I suppose the shops in Palermo will be closed?

katti said:
Going back to the first post in this thread, any idea if the shopping malls will be open? Just like on a sunday?? I suppose the shops in Palermo will be closed?

Can't you just shop the day before?

SaraSara said:
IMHO, marksoc's post should cause him to be censored, or this thread to be closed. Such hate-filled comments are a discredit to the forum.

I remind you that the things that those people did are declared "crimes against humanity", meaning that those crimes do not prescribe, and those people will go to jail. Defending those people is inexcusable, and past a certain line it could be even a crime by itself (but I'm not a legal expert).

Ban me if you want, but you cannot talk like Mendoza did in Argentina. Ok, My reaction was exaggerated, and I retire my wish, but I repeat this, to say those things is like defending Eichmann in the streets of Jerusalem. You simply DON'T. This is not the first time that I read things that make me think that a lot of people here is disconnected from the country where you live (whose border is not Santa Fe Avenue). I think, in fact, that I will not post here anymore. Thank you, and good day sir.

Back