Renewing tourist visa at migraciones?

erian

Registered
Hi all

trying to decide to go to colonia for half day (268 pesos) or to migraciones (300 pesos i think) to renew my 90 day visa.

Does anyone know if they still do it there in migraciones? I have read conflicting reports on this blog so if anyone has recent info, how long it takes etc. it would be great!!

Thanks

I renewed my visa a few months back at the migraciones, Took no longer then 20 minutes.

Getting an extension at migraciones is fine if you plan on leaving Argentina before it expires. You can only get one 90 day extension per year at migraciones. However, if you plan to be in Argentina more than 180 days and get an extension at migraciones you will not be granted a new 90 day visa if you go to and return from Colonia before it expires. Even if you go to Colonia and return on the 90th day the border agents may not give you a new visa. If you go on the 91st day you will be charged $300 pesos.

steveinbsas said:
Getting an extension at migraciones is fine if you plan on leaving Argentina before it expires. You can only get one 90 day extension per year at migraciones. However, if you plan to be in Argentina more than 180 days and get an extension at migraciones you will not be granted a new 90 day visa if you go to and return from Colonia before it expires. Even if you go to Colonia and return on the 90th day the border agents may not give you a new visa. If you go on the 91st day you will be charged $300 pesos.

Thanks for the detailed info. I am going home for a month in December so I was going to get it renewed now (as my current one runs out in October) then leave before it expires.

If I update my visa at migraciones I won't have any problems though when I return in January at Ezeiza though, will I?? When I get back I will start the process of getting residencia precaria.

Thanks

You will be OK, but you really don't need to get the extension if you are leaving in October...you can just pay the $300 overstay fee at the airport. It will not have a negative impact regarding getting your precaria.

I am travelling into BAires in November. I am a dual citizen, Canadian and British. Going to use my UK passport because there are no fees!

Planning on over staying my allowed stay of 90 days. Is it better to just pay the 300 peso fee whenever I need to leave? I'd rather do that then go to Colonia (seems more expensive).

If I overstay the welcome, will I be able to freely come back in the country on a later date? For example, say I overstay by a few months, then I take a trip to Brazil for fun. Will I have trouble coming back to Argentina?

Lastly - I wonder if I could just use my other passport on my second time coming in?

I should say I am planning on living in BA for a year at least with my fiancee

Huxley1234 said:
I should say I am planning on living in BA for a year at least with my fiancee

Just pay the $300p on the way out. The 90 day travel alternatives are increasingly expensive and unpredictable. The $300p option is painless (if you have the money), and spares you any run ins with sour immigration officials.

if I go way over it, then go to brazil for a vacation, will they let me back in no problem?

Back