Rent Increases

I have thought historically the 2-year rental prices were pretty low. Now the rentals are rising fast. Rentals in Buenos Aires are not a bargain anymore. Some of this increase is due to real increases in the cost for utilities, maintenance, salaries (inflation). However, much of this is also speculation on the part of property owners. If "everybody" is raising rental prices then I need to as well. In a market where mortgages were available this would drive more people to buy homes. In Buenos Aires it will simply create a rent bubble and drive more people out of the city to find affordable rent.
Demand and speculation probably both rise now. With many companies ready to do business again, mid/high end apartment is more in demand. 6/7 years ago it was pretty hard to find a good apartment and 2 years ago, the rental market was depressing, few people are around, expats dumped their apartments(one time these apartments were OK to be vacant), and the locals bought these apartment and put them in rental market, made it harder. The trend could be reversing.
I know a software company in SF just tripled their staff in centro here, and the management from US come and go every 2 weeks.

Demand and speculation probably both rise now. With many companies ready to do business again, mid/high end apartment is more in demand. 6/7 years ago it was pretty hard to find a good apartment and 2 years ago, the rental market was depressing, few people are around, expats dumped their apartments(one time these apartments were OK to be vacant), and the locals bought these apartment and put them in rental market, made it harder. The trend could be reversing.
I know a software company in SF just tripled their staff in centro here, and the management from US come and go every 2 weeks.

Beware... Obama comes with an 800 ,member entourage, most business. Will this create added pressure..?

Beware... Obama comes with an 800 ,member entourage, most business. Will this create added pressure..?
No, many want to return. Tourists are expected to rise in number too. Argentina is finally moving to a better direction, in terms of business.
I know some are not happy with Macri. But I am impressed by him, he is a no BS kinda guy, does what he says,

Back