Rental cars in cash?

Amazing-thanks! Even with the big guys like Avis? They just take a deposit on the card for insurance?

Also, if the price is listed in dollars when I book, do they just convert to pesos at the official rate?
Yes they will convert the price to pesos at the official rate. You can also book the rental cars on the Argentine website despegar.com and it will give you directly a pesos price. The credit card info is taken in case of damage to the vehicle.

Are there car rental agencies with prices that are founded in reality? The prices I see are around $100+ per day.

When you return the car, at Hertz, they check for bumps scratches,paint damage, mirrors, seats upholstery clean, windows functioning, etc. Pictures are take at the start for possible scratches,spots, etc.

Are there car rental agencies with prices that are founded in reality? The prices I see are around $100+ per day.
that's about the norm unfortunately. using foreign CC will save you money though

that's about the norm unfortunately. using foreign CC will save you money though
I'm asking because I couldn't find a car rental agency with realistic prices, so I went out and bought a car :)
My wife is a citizen and we are there quite often for a month or more at a time so it made sense.

Back