Rentals. The most controversial points of the law that the Senate could approve

Is this why many residential properties are listed as commercial use only?

My realtor told me several months ago listing as commercial use pushes fees back onto the tenant.

My realtor told me several months ago listing as commercial use pushes fees back onto the tenant.
Makes sense as the new registration guidelines include....
What rentals to register. The AFIP regulations provide the contracts reached by the regulation:
Fixed or mobile spaces or surfaces -exclusive or not- delimited within real estate such as commercial premises and / or "stands" in supermarkets, hypermarkets, shopping malls, shopping centers, promenades or galleries, etc.

Last edited:
???? because the new registration guidelines include:
What rentals to register. The AFIP regulations provide the contracts reached by the regulation:
Fixed or mobile spaces or surfaces -exclusive or not- delimited within real estate such as commercial premises and / or "stands" in supermarkets, hypermarkets, shopping malls, shopping centers, promenades or galleries, etc.
I am talking about the 4.5% fee. A quick look through listing shows properties that are clearly residential listed as commercial. My realtor told me why that is happening, I am just trying to figure out if what he said is true.

careful with that I do not know the specifics of your queation BUT if a property is not listed as living quarters then some services like AySA charge a lot more. At least twice for commercial use
Once i had and office in an expensive area and since in some places AySA works like a tax, i wondered if they flushing the toilet with Evian water.
There was little of no use of the service (no bathing or cooking, just coffee and the occasional flush) and they charged me like they were runniing Champagne down the pipes.

Chech that against regular home use service charges depending on the area.

Location, sq meters and type/use of the property.

Iz

careful with that I do not know the specifics of your queation BUT if a property is not listed as living quarters then some services like AySA charge a lot more. At least twice for commercial use
Once i had and office in an expensive area and since in some places AySA works like a tax, i wondered if they flushing the toilet with Evian water.
There was little of no use of the service (no bathing or cooking, just coffee and the occasional flush) and they charged me like they were runniing Champagne down the pipes.

Chech that against regular home use service charges depending on the area.

Location, sq meters and type/use of the property.

Iz
Higher electricity rates may also apply, via Edesur and Edenor, when it is a commercial space.

Just to reiterate, I am not doing that. Its just a conversation I had. Just wanted to see if he was talking nonsense or not.

NO....see my post of today on page 4 of this thread.
The new law includes "Temporary rental of real estate -urban or rural- for tourist, rest or similar purposes".
But how would that work in practice with Airbnb? Would you have to report every three day rental to AFIP?

But how would that work in practice with Airbnb? Would you have to report every three day rental to AFIP?
I do know the answer to that specific question. I do not own rental units in ARG. A realtor and/or an accountant can best answer that question.
My assumption: upon the mandatory registration of the rental unit(s) with the AFIP, the owner(s) would be required to declare the total amount received in rent for a specific period of time (whatever that may be) for each unit. In the case of Airbnb and other rental go-betweens, said amount would be whatever the intermediary entity paid out to the owner(s) of each unit.

I don’t see anything wrong with the law giving a bit of extra protection for the tennant.
It’s also nice that you don’t pay any commission any more that’s covered by the landlord.
I recently signed a new contract at a different place which references the new law and the clauses etc.
Also bear in mind that for expenses you do not have to pay extraordinary expenses for maintenance of the building, there’s also clauses in there about who pays what for the ABL.

For temporary rentals furnished the commission must be paid by Owner..? on six months contracts?

Back