Rentista Visa For Freelance Work?

hanmck

Registered
Hi everyone,

I am a British girl living in Barcelona hoping to move to Buenos Aires at the end of October. I currently work as a freelance translator/project manager in Spain and would like to carry on working for my clients in Europe from Buenos Aires. I'm a bit unsure about how to proceed in terms of residency and tax and would appreciate some help from anyone with experience doing something similar.

As I wouldn't be able to get a work visa sponsored by a company, I was looking into the rentista visa. But it's all quite confusing and I would appreciate some help with a few questions:

1. Are there any other freelancers here who got residency through the rentista visa? If so, how did it work?
2. What documents are required in terms of proof of employment and income for the rentista visa?
3. Is it true that I would have to bring 8,000 pesos per month into an Argentinian bank account at the official rate?
4. What would be the situation in terms of paying taxes? Would I have to pay in Argentina or would there be some way to pay in the UK instead?

Another option would be to get residency throughs studying a part-time course at an official university. However, I am not particularly keen to go back to studying for many reasons. I would rather pursue the rentista visa unless it proves to be really impossible.

Any tips would be very much appreciated!
Hannah

Back