Reporting contact with an international fugitive in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested, you can just look at the ISP address in his emails to easily figure out where he actually is.

Lord. What a sad state of affairs.

While I feel bad for the people he owes money to, esp those in the US where it sounds like more serious amounts (ie, value of a car), I *almost* feel worst for him.

What a freaking sad way to go through life.

I've met him a couple of times now and to be honest, am also one of the many who found him off-putting right away. You can tell when someone is trying so hard to manipulate your impression of them. As a female, you're never entirely sure if it's general sketchiness or an indication of interest, but you can tell something is off and fake... until reading this whole thing, I was just writing him off as many an expat male who has that unique combination of arrogance/cockiness to mask insecurity. The expat equivalent of the French putting on cologne instead of showering ;-)

Anyhow. While I'm not sad that he's no longer going to be here and trying to take advantage of people in BA, and I won't have to try and avoid him in social settings...it has to suck to know what a sh1tty person you are and how many people justifiably think you're worthless. Maybe he's a total sociopath and doesn't care at all, but his chronic need to fit in, impress people and be accepted would indicate otherwise.

PS major kudos to his cat's new family :)

He got me, the bald little twat.

I lent him cash after he gave me a sob story - then I started hassling him and he gave me some bullshit evidence of money he had 'wired' to me. Then he buggered off.

Awesome.

Can't help thinking about that proverb 'a fool and his money are easily parted'..

Still, I'll earn that money back, and he'll always have a head/face that looks like a testicle.

Hey woman,

Zissou said:
As a female, you're never entirely sure if it's general sketchiness or an indication of interest, but you can tell something is off and fake... until reading this whole thing, I was just writing him off as many an expat male who has that unique combination of arrogance/cockiness to mask insecurity. The expat equivalent of the French putting on cologne instead of showering ;-)

you sound exactly as to why I do not like so many Western women. Just as much as women can sense what men are thinking, so can men sense what women think. Not all men are crap, but those who are not avoid women who look down upon men, because such women have nothing to offer.

Have you ever wondered that some reason why you encounter bad men may lie with yourself?

toongeorges said:
Hey woman,

you sound exactly as to why I do not like so many Western women. Just as much as women can sense what men are thinking, so can men sense what women think. Not all men are crap, but those who are not avoid women who look down upon men, because such women have nothing to offer.

Have you ever wondered that some reason why you encounter bad men may lie with yourself?
Huh?????????????????

toongeorges said:
Hey woman,

Wow dude! How'd you sense anger toward men in general from her post given what she said?

Surely you and I both know there are MANY guys in this world who will try to inflate themselves in front of a woman they are trying to impress. She was just noting her uncertainty if that's what she was feeling or if she was sensing his underlying REAL creepiness in acting, if not really being, a sociopath?

I didn't even see anything in her post that indicated she has met a plethora of "bad" men. She didn't even necessarily say that the "puffing up" made men bad, but I can certainly understand someone's lack of desire to date guys who have to go around bragging all the time about what they do, who they are, etc. I've certainly met enough of that sort in my travels, as expats, myself.

ElQueso said:
Surely you and I both know there are MANY guys in this world who will try to inflate themselves in front of a woman they are trying to impress.

Yes, I know and I agree that is not a mature approach.

Yet, again, I do not see the added value of comparing a certain William Buckley with expat men in general? It looks like a faux reason to complain about men and frankly, I am not angry, but tired of Western women doing nothing but complain about men, hence my response.

ElQueso and surfing, don't feed the "manosphere" trolls. (Google it, then ignore them because they pop up anywhere there is a comment board all over the internet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back