Reporting contact with an international fugitive in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlexanderB said:
Although, to be fair, the extraction of Eichmann was no thanks to any kind of extradition treaty whatsoever. :)

That s why I used the word kiddnaped.

Has anyone in Cordoba recently worked for a new call center operated by a man using the name Mike Nemetski?

Did he look like the individual in the attached (public facebook page) photo?

Does anyone in BA know him as the operator of a call center in BA?

If so, does anyone think it is the same individual who called himself William or Bill Buckley?

Attachments

• Bill Buckley on facebook photo.jpg
    Bill Buckley on facebook photo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 157
Well William Paul Buckley or here in Cordoba he was knows as Mike Nemensky, pulled another Call Center Scam here in Cordoba for the last 2 and a half months and just skipped out on paying bills to the owner of the office building of the call center, the bills of the hostel he was staying at, and all the poor employees salary that have been waiting for 3 weeks. We are contacting the Attorney General as well and will probably need some more infor about his priors there in BA. WE have all of the information of his paypay, the companies he worked with in the states, and more. Lets get this guy. My email is [email protected] please contact me if you have any more info and a Picture!

Thank you all very much,

Tim

Shwidelson said:
Yes, I can tell you that suddenly Buckley had had enough of Buenos Aires and was ready for a "a change of pace", his words, haha. What a clown. So as of this past Friday he skipped town, but of course not before he managed to lie to, swindle and steal from at least a couple more people, in this case unsuspecting friends. Apparently he also has no problem taking from and hurting people he knows well, not just strangers and "employees". FYI, I know he monitors this website and I'm sure he has read this entire thread (Hi buddy!).

He is indeed the William Paul Buckley wanted in Colorado. I have sent an email to the State Attorney's office, but nothing more at this point. If anyone else on this thread has actually been in contact with law enforcement in this regard, let me know. Maybe I can be of additional assistance. I have a picture of his ridiculous face if that helps.

I have known Bill for the last six months and actually considered him to be a friend despite the fact that he is a habitual liar, and a poor one at that. His lies were constant, obvious and often seemingly without purpose. Regardless, I never took him for being a bad person. Contrary to all of his BS, I actually thought he was otherwise quite a decent human being. Now I know better. Someday pretty soon all of the money he stole is going to run out and I wonder what he's going to do then, although he claims to have rich parents who maybe provide their little darling with financial support so that he can continue to live on Fernet con coca and sleep until 3pm every day. But for those of you who hope he gets what he has coming to him, I truly believe he already is getting at least some of it. I think he is a pretty lonely guy who has no true friends, who feels he has to tell boring lies to be valued by others, who has to hurt people to continue to survive and avoid the law, who can never return home to his country and family, who has no prospects for the future aside from short-term pathetic schemes that are sure to fail and leave more hurt and angry people in his wake, and who constantly has to worry about the 10-15 years of prison time coming his way probably sooner than later. Unfortunately however, I'm pretty sure he doesn't suffer too many sleepless nights on account of a guilty conscience.

As for Milosh, I don't know much of anything about what happened at Call South and his involvement. I've met Milosh a couple times and he strikes me as a good guy, but obviously I've been duped before. Through all of my conversations with Buckley, my impression is that Milosh likely was not in "cahoots", and is probably only guilty of believing Buckley's lies like many other people.

Thank you for the post Steve and the picture. William Buckley (or Mike Nemetzki as he was called here in Cordoba, Argentina) did the same exact scheme here as he did in Buenos Aires. Leaving without paying employees, the owner of the office of the call center, and his stay at a hostel for a month. We have all of his documents with whom he did business with in the states and more. This picture is him. If you have any more information please post and we will try to fix this.

Thank you,

Tim

Exactly!!!!

This guy, Mike Nemetski (or whatever is name is) had been posting open job positions for his call center on the Cordoba Expats facebook page. I just met a girl this weekend who had been working for him. She said that the pay was promised to be $3500, then turned out to be much less or nothing.

She went into work yesterday and he was GONE. She then went to the hostel where he was staying and he had checked out and left.

She was doing the same type of calls as apparently the Call-South call center in BA had done (so I have read in this post), home alarm security, ect. She told me that he was all types of sketchy, he didn't have a passport and other people had to wire him money, that his laptop had broken and that he was using on in the hostel, and basically that he had no idea what he was doing running a business.

Watch out Rosario and Mendoza! He's making his way across the country.

I'd keep an eye out on all expat forums around south america for call centre adverts as he surely wouldn't do it for the third time in Argentina?

Maybe post a warning on them?

There really is no other way of putting it, this guy is an absolute drop kick.

William Buckley tried to ripoff a well known realtor here in Buenos Aires and expressed interest in renting one of the most luxurious properties in Puerto Madero. He apparently did the same trick left a small reserve and continued with the same excuses about monies not being deposited from the exterior and in the end he just cancelled the deal when the shit hit the fan .

The realtor told me that he wanted to use this property to network with rich locals and expats alike and that he felt very uncomfortable with him .

Whoa.

I don't know this guy, or anything call center-related, nor any of the people posting here (except for Beatrice... who took his CAT!?!?! Haha!! You're awesome!) -- I try to stay sooooo far away from the Expat world, and BAexpats on sleepless nights is my one vice -- but I just want to say: I am irrationally, utterly enthralled by this thread. It is captivating. I keep on reloading the page, wanting more.

It's like a movie: where is this guy going next? Will he be caught? He's so here, in plain sight (someone posted a screenshot from his facebook page!)... yet so elusive. He's in front of our eyes, he's on our Facebook, but yet he keeps on doing this over and over, and will do it again. He's probably reading this right now!

This is fascinating in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin. Here's one angle: This whole story raises seriously existential questions: Just HOW in G-d's name did he manage to rip off sooo many people? He has a talent of some sort!!!! You need talent to rip off that many people. Look at the symbolism here: we complain about the "chamuyo" of the Argies, but the ultimate chamuyo, who is chamuyando seemingly everyone, isn't an Argie but a Yanqui!

But not just that, the questions this raises get harder for us to answer, if we ask ourselves about the implications of this honestly, if we look deep inside ourselves, there are subtle implications, and they are difficult for us to admit the ugly truth: why did so many people, *fully admitting in this thread that they knew he was so sketchy* (that he lied so much etc), why did they still befriend him, work for him, live with him? It's weirdly funny, all the people saying, "yeah, I knew he lied (or he stole or he did all these other bad things)... but I didn't think he was a bad guy... I was friends with him anyway (or I went to work for him or lived with him)... and then he stole from me, so now I hate him". Yes: that is the subconscious conversation in your head. Is anyone else's brain exploding as they try to make sense of this, and its historical and future implications?

This movie we're watching unfold here, this movie is the most ancient tale, all wrapped up in the clothing of modernity: men and women have been seduced by charm, or money, ever since Zeus transformed himself into a charming swan just to seduce Leda!!!! The ancient method for preventing people from falling for such seduction was by instilling the virtue (in the Roman sense; literally: manliness!) of HONOR. But honor is constantly under attack, for centuries, from the competing value of NON-CRITICISM (aka, open-mindedness) -- and yes, there is a trade-off between the two fundamentally because definitionally you will always be close minded towards something that violates your own sense of honor. These days, the non-criticism is winning the war against honor, although I wouldn't be surprised if the tides turn as all the non-religious people continue their current reproductive trends towards demographically removing themselves from the gene pool (ie, having few kids). So, we have people, losing the sense of honor but instead feeling good about themselves because they so open-minded, then some scam artist comes in and seduces them in some way -- the oldest tricks in the book, literally, these have been fooling humans for centuries, that we've spent centuries fighting against. Zeus pretended to be a swan so he could XXX with Leda, didn't anyone else have to read the Greek myths when they were kids? Or study the Wiemar Republic in your European History 101 class in college? How did that one turn out? Or did your parents at least read you some really cheesy Niemoller poem?

But it gets even more interesting. Expats complain constantly about the immorality of the Argies... so this makes us *even more trusting amongst other fellow expats*, creating a bond of solidarity of sorts between us (hey I've never met steveInBsas but I instinctively feel like I like him!) but then... but then.... but then, yet *one of our own* -- wanted by our own government back 'home' -- comes here and *does this shit to US*!!! One of our very own betrays us!

I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME POPCORN AND WATCH THE SHOW NOW -- ACT II IS ABOUT TO START, AFTER THE COMMERCIAL BREAK!

What makes this story so great are *the details you couldn't make up*. His roommate posting in effect, "yeah, I knew what he was doing, but I didn't do anything about it, sorry... oh when he escaped, he left his cat, does anyone want it" and Beatrice taking it! (You're awesome Beatrice! Note on my point about honor above: I'm a good person who values honor, but I'm not a saint... but Beatrice -- she is giving me faith that there are saints out there, and she's a better person than I am: I didn't offer to take in these cats!!). Here's another great detail: our mysterious admin founder, who for years I'm still wondering who he is (do I know him in real life?!?! Oh an exciting mystery! Every expat I meet, I wonder, "Is he the one?"), he himself posts to comment!!! I haven't seen this before, but to get him out posting himself--wow!! Oh here's another detail that is incredible: his name is Willilam Buckley -- yes he has the same name as the man who (again, for better or worse) was among the most important creators of the American conservative moment in the 20th century! Ha!!!!!! Take that, You Republicans!!!!!! The irony!!!

Kudos to Steve and everyone helping out. I would help, of course, if I had anything to contribute. So I can't help out so instead I will just have some more popcorn. But I'd have a beer with this guy, I'd even buy him one, just to see what he is actually like. It would be unbelievably interesting to me.

And then there's this angle: is it me or does anyone else see a Shakespearean tragedy unraveling in front of our eyes? I mean, he's the Iago whose charm has seduced the well-meaning Othellos of the Expat community. No, no, no: it is too much of an honor to compare him to Iago (as evil as Iago is), Iago, for all his horribleness, had a very subtle understanding of the human mind that deserves our respect. Oh I know, this guy reminds me more of Edmund from King Lear -- a minor player, the son of Gloucester who is sooo jealous of his brother Edmund that he makes up these little lies to try to get his father to turn against the other son. Oh it gets exciting--Goneril leaves her husband for him, but then he's exposed--and he fights with his brother until one of them dies!!! How does Buckley's saga end? Read King Lear and you'll know it all!!! This is a time to whip out the classics, they'll predict the future!

But then again... maybe not. It is a tragedy if everyone dies in the end. A comedy if they get married. Maybe the great seducer will be seduced by a hot girl in Rosario (and I've been on that awesome beach on that 5 minute boat ride across from downtown, I actually go there on summer weekends, one of my favorite spots in the world: and the girls there are indeed hot!), and maybe, having found love (or at least, sincerely convincing himself he is in love, since perhaps his own egoism will prevent him from truly loving), he will repent for his ways. After all.... all's well that ends well.

Yes, this is what happens to me when I have two cups of coffee at 11pm [it's now like 6am!];)

-morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back