Reputable moving company.

nlaruccia

Registered
Can anyone recommend a reputable moving company? Possibly in the Caballito/Almagro/Flores area? Thanks.

Sry, but I don't have any idea about these locations, so I can't suggest you any moving company in this area. You can find it on google.

Traditional, reputable ones are Verga Hnos and El Chiche de Gascon. Both in Almagro.
Are you sure it's that what you want or are you looking for a "flete"?

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up moving last month but ti was amazing the different quotes I was given. I only had enough furniture to fill a studio apartment and one company wanted to charge me $2,000. I called another company that wanted to charge me $800. I decided to ask the encargado in my new building and he recommend a moving company that charge me only $150 for two hours with three movers. I was tempted to call the company that quoted me $2,000 and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves.

What you used is commonly known as a "flete" and not a professional moving company. That's why I asked you to specify.

Just be very careful and ONLY use someone recommended by someone you know. We once called a flete who advertised with flyers. They turned out to be barra bravas who at the end of the move demanded triple the agreed-upon fee and then were seriously threatening. It was extremely maddening to be menaced inside your own home by thugs. Lesson learned!

Back