residency after having a child in Argentina!

My comment went above your head steve. No shame in that. But maybe it wasn't directed at you to begin with, so it's probably a good thing that you didn't get it.

Less is more and sometimes I prefer to be subtle in my commentary.

davy, no you don´t have to be married. My boyfriend and I had our son here and we both are able to seek residency or citizenship or whatever. If you have any questions about anything from healthcare to meeting other first time expat parents send me a message, and congrats on your new little porteño/a.

Hi laurel, sent you a pm. Would love some advice from people who've been through the process.

Cheers
J

Hi forum dwellers.............we are thinking about bringing a human being into this world. And we think so deeply that we need to go on a forum, with strangers and ask if "we" get residency because we produced. Holy shit. WTF is this world coming to? Adopt a stray dog and do the kid a favor.

ghost said:
Hi forum dwellers.............we are thinking about bringing a human being into this world. And we think so deeply that we need to go on a forum, with strangers and ask if "we" get residency because we produced. Holy shit. WTF is this world coming to? Adopt a stray dog and do the kid a favor.

I think the new income requirement for the visa rentista could result in an expat baby boom in the next few years. If the income requirement was an obstacle to some degree in the past, the new requirements may be insurmountable. Having a baby is one of the "easiest" ways to get permanent residency in Argentina.

Argentina is about to have a lot of legally married couples who (for obvious biological reasons) cannot have children. I'm sure many of them would love to adopt the petit bâtards after the parents have received permanent residency (if that was their only reason for having a baby). I daresay that using the expression "anchor baby" is nowhere near as despicable as having one.

One of my babies dropped a litter of anchor pups after her last vist to arg..to a one they all race up and down beside the dinning room walls watching themselves in the mirror....going to monterrey tomorrow..hoping to get a litter wholl mow the yard and pick my kiwis ..out of it...

bluesman said:
One of my babies dropped a litter of anchor pups after her last vist to arg..to a one they all race up and down beside the dinning room walls watching themselves in the mirror....going to monterey tomorrow..hoping to get a litter wholl mow the yard and pick my kiwis ..out of it...

Now that went over my head!:eek:

steveinbsas said:
I think the new income requirement for the visa rentista could result in an expat baby boom in the next few years. If the income requirement was an obstacle to some degree in the past, the new requirements may be insurmountable. Having a baby is one of the "easiest" ways to get permanent residency in Argentina.

Argentina is about to have a lot of legally married couples who (for obvious biological reasons) cannot have children. I'm sure many of them would love to adopt the petit bâtards after the parents have received permanent residency (if that was their only reason for having a baby). I daresay that using the expression "anchor baby" is nowhere near as despicable as having one.

If they were going to have a child anyway, what's wrong with a few extra perks? The notion of giving them up for for adoption was raised after the initial question, so while I can't argue that concept might indeed be abhorrent I don't think that was the author's orginal intent.

MizzMarr said:
If they were going to have a child anyway, what's wrong with a few extra perks? The notion of giving them up for for adoption was raised after the initial question, so while I can't argue that concept might indeed be abhorrent I don't think that was the author's orginal intent.

While there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a baby if you really want to have one, I don't think having a baby in Argentina was part of the author's "original plan" to move to Argentina and get residency. The original post in this thread has obvious implications, and here's what I already knew when I added my posts to this thread:

how justify the income for the visa rentista?

I can imagine that the new income requirement of $8000 pesos per person per month (as opposed to previous level of $2400 pesos per month for a married couple) dashed the OP's hopes of qualifying for the visa rentista.

I was being facetious when I suggested putting the baby up for adoption (following Ghost's suggestion that they adopt a dog). I don't actually know if gay adoption is legal here (even though gay marriage is).

steveinbsas said:
While there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a baby if you really want to have one, I don't think having a baby in Argentina was part of the author's "original plan" to move to Argentina and get residency. The original post in this thread has obvious implications, and here's what I already knew when I added my posts to this thread:

how justify the income for the visa rentista?

I can imagine that the new income requirement of $8000 pesos per person per month (as opposed to previous level of $2400 pesos per month for a married couple) dashed the OP's hopes of qualifying for the visa rentista.

I was being facetious when I suggested putting the baby up for adoption (following Ghost's suggestion that they adopt a dog). I don't actually know if gay adoption is legal here (even though gay marriage is).

Ahh, I was unaware of the precedent set in another thread. The overall tone makes more sense to me now, thanks for clarifying! Maybe I'm coming to his defense because I'm thinking of having a baby here and the extra no hassles residency perk is appealing--though I continue to question my sanity or even the real benefits of permanent residency in Argentina, but that's a whole other discussion ;) On another side note, I sure hope that gay adoption is or is becoming legal here, but am happy to see one step of progress at a time.

Back